last night i was practicing and the screw for the strap lock fell out( i almost dropped my only guitar). i looked at the bottom(where the screw was) and there was a little hole where it was and i noticed there were no grooves for the screw to"latch" on to. how to i fix it? do i use wood glue or what?

PS. sorry if this is in the wrong place

Next purchase: Peavey Vypyr 30 Combo Amp
stick a match in the hole, break off the top of the match, put wood glue on the match and put it in the hole then just screw the screw back in

Quote by Snapple
i would try the above idea of the matchstick, if i remember correctly it was advice given by a guitar tech in a magazine but dont quote me

Total Guitar was one I have seen it in. I'm sure many other places say to do it as well.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Last edited by fire within at Feb 9, 2008,
Well, you should use wood filler, and I'm not sure but I think making a new hole near it would be stronger.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
i would try the above idea of the matchstick, if i remember correctly it was advice given by a guitar tech in a magazine but dont quote me
just make sure that when we say matches, you get matches with wooden sticks. none of those things that come in books that have cardboard sticks. those wont work. if you cant find wooden match sticks, toothpicks are supposed to work as well (seeing as how they are the same thing pretty much).
Put a tooth pick in and break off the excess, then fill the hole halfway with wood glue and screw the strap button in. Strongest way I've found.