-blackheart 5w half stack
-epi valve jr
-vox ad30vt

just some of the choices i was leaning towards in the same price range . i am just using for bedroom practicing. should the blackheart be best choice? i believe it does have a tube in it

if anyone can recommend anything else do so please
If you're just noddling in your bedroom, go with the Vox. The Valve Junior and Blackheart are going to be too loud, especially if you need any gain from the amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
the blackheart would probably be best, because it is a tube, and ive played one before, and they sound incredible, even the smaller one you're talking about
My Gear:
'94 Ibanez RX20
'88 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Frontman 25w Practice Amp
'78-85 Stage 65W Combo Amp
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff and Small Clone
Boss Digital Delay and Floor Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
that is right, the blackheart does have tubes, which does have the advantage of a good sound but they are relatively heavy and you have to be careful with it. The vox also has a nice sound, I don't know if there are tubes in that one. I think the epi has the best sound, even though it's a simple amp.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If you're just noddling in your bedroom, go with the Vox. The Valve Junior and Blackheart are going to be too loud, especially if you need any gain from the amp.

the blackheart and epi only 5 watts , the vox is 30w. i was thinking i didnt need all that wattage for my bedroom so iw as gonna go with a 5w tube amp for around same price and better sound than the vox.
yeah dude go for the Blackheart... I kinda wish I had one since my Peavey is so effing loud and my Vox has mediocre tone... HEY I know! Buy my Vox so I can buy a Blackheart
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
i say the blackheart, those amps look cool
also, its a tube amp and if you ever do need to gig, you could gig with that im sure
Quote by Unreal T
the blackheart and epi only 5 watts , the vox is 30w. i was thinking i didnt need all that wattage for my bedroom so iw as gonna go with a 5w tube amp for around same price and better sound than the vox.

Yeah, but the Vox sounds better and can get those overdriven tones at low volumes. You need to crank the VJ and the Blackheart for overdriven tones. With the Vox, you have the benefit of a master volume as well as a plethora of tones at your disposal. Plus, if you ever need to wattage, you have it there. The Vox has a built in attenuator too.

My ears are still ringing from my damn Valve Junior.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.