My father was a bass player. One of the best I've ever heard, though I may be biased. He played primarily jazz bass, and we found a bunch of his old recordings from his college jazz trio.

One of the songs is a strikingly beautiful bass song, and I've been trying to learn how to play it myself. I've figured out the basics by ear, but there are some riffs and fills that I just can't figure out.

I know, "why not just ask him yourself?" Well Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago.

What I'm asking is this: if someone could tab out this song for me, I would be infinitely grateful. I'll provide you with an mp3 if you give me your email.

This would really mean a lot to me. And I appreciate any response this thread gets.
i would love to help you out, but i know as much about playing bass guitar as i do quantum physics... i play guitar...

i'll post another thread linking to yours to get you more reads... thats all i can do i'm afraid...

good luck
Quote by guitarboy221
The only reason I want to buy a new guitar now is becasue I'm starting to NEED a better guitar, oppose to just WANTING one.
You should upload the mp3 to your profile. You'll probably get more people with tabbing skills to listen to it that way.

Sorry I can't help you, I'm not very good at tabbing, but I'd like to hear the song.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Sent you a message about it. Sounds like a very noble cause. I'd be happy to help
I agree, uploading it to your profile would be a good idea.
But...why would you bake a cake in the woods? No one bakes a cake in the woods! :O

...BATTLE CLERIC!
raise him from the dead..
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Quote by ryknow157
raise him from the dead..

yea your not a douche
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Bit of an update: I uploaded the mp3 to my profile for those simply curious to hear the song.
It's a very beautiful song but I don't think I can help you, sorry. Thanks though.

May your father RIP.
Change is good.