I ordered a Tiny Terror a few days ago. I want to buy a Framus 2x12 to go with it, but it's an 8 ohms cab. Can I plug the Tiny Terror straight into an 8 ohms cab by itself? It seems that most 2x12 cabs are 16 ohms, so I don't want to blow anything up!
Don't worry. the Tiny Terror has 2 8 ohm speaker outs so you will be fine.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
That doesn't mean I'll be splitting its power in half by plugging it into just one cab does it?
You can do it by plugging into one of the 8 ohm outputs, but you're better off finding a 16 ohm cab you like. The two 8 ohm outputs are really designed to plug two 16 ohm cabs into the head in parallel.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
You can do it by plugging into one of the 8 ohm outputs, but you're better off finding a 16 ohm cab you like. The two 8 ohm outputs are really designed to plug two 16 ohm cabs into the head in parallel.

Damn. I spent ages searching for this cab.
Quote by Karmaface
Damn. I spent ages searching for this cab.

Orange 1x12? Don't be fooled by the one speaker. It's loud.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
What makes you like it better than -say- the Orange 212?

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well I have a tiny terror and i have a 2x12 avatar cab that is 8 ohms. I just plug it in one of the 8 ohm plugs and it works fine for me. I don't know much about impedence but it seems fine to me.
Quote by slatsmania
What makes you like it better than -say- the Orange 212?

I figured from a price stand point that the 1x12 was about on par with the Framous 2x12
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
^ Like I said, it'll work. I just wouldn't set out to do it.

If someone already has an 8 ohm cab lying around, I'l say, "sure, that'll work fine with your new Tiny Terror." But if you're looking to buy a cab along with your new TT, I strongly suggest you get a 16 ohm cab to get the most out of the amp, and give you the most options in the future. Orange is designed to run on 16 ohms, and the amp is set up so if you get a second cab down the road you can plug two 16 ohm cabs into the head. With an 8 ohm cab, you'd have to replace it rather than add to it if you wanted more speakers in the future.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
^ Like I said, it'll work. I just wouldn't set out to do it.

If someone already has an 8 ohm cab lying around, I'l say, "sure, that'll work fine with your new Tiny Terror." But if you're looking to buy a cab along with your new TT, I strongly suggest you get a 16 ohm cab to get the most out of the amp, and give you the most options in the future. Orange is designed to run on 16 ohms, and the amp is set up so if you get a second cab down the road you can plug two 16 ohm cabs into the head. With an 8 ohm cab, you'd have to replace it rather than add to it if you wanted more speakers in the future.

Right, I see what you're saying.

I guess I'll consider an Orange 1x12. Although I have heard the difference between a 1x12 and a 2x12 is considerable. Especially seen as I'll be gigging this setup and the Tiny Terror isn't exactly the most powerful amp in the world. I wanted something that can push air a little more air than a 1x12.

slatsmania: I was going for the Framus because of its price, weight and great reviews. An Orange 2x12 is too expensive and heavy (over 10kg more than the framus).
^ I hear you. There's no Avatar or Lopoline equivalent where you are? A company that'll pack a cab to your specs? I've got a little J Design cab that you'd love. Weighs next to nothing.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
^ I hear you. There's no Avatar or Lopoline equivalent where you are? A company that'll pack a cab to your specs? I've got a little J Design cab that you'd love. Weighs next to nothing.

Unfortunately no. The next best thing to the Framus is trying to hunt down a Marshall 1936 with vintage 30's in it. Probably from ebay.

I'll compare an Orange 1x12 with a standard Marshall 1936 sometime next week when I go to my local guitar shop.
i recomend Avatar alot if you cant afford the expensive brand names it is serioiusly the next best thing.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
i recomend Avatar alot if you cant afford the expensive brand names it is serioiusly the next best thing.

I seem to keep having to say 'unfortunately' but unfortunately I can't get an Avatar over here in the UK! ;(