im a chinese.. n i live in malaysia.. i played the classical guitar for a year... n currently changed to electric guitar...

after 4 months of practise... i decided to change a guitar due to the poor quality of my "viking" guitar... n luckily..i scored well in my government test... so my dad gave me RM2000 as my reward.. plus the 500 of my own... i got RM2500 in total... now here come the question... my guitar teacher recommend me 2 guitars for my budget... both ibanez guitar.. one is the rg350dx , which cost me rm1450 ... and another one is the JEM-JR....er.. slightly higher price.. rm 1750

i play almost all music genre *except metal music*.. n...yea im a big fan of steve vai... so i would like to play alot of songs of steve wit my future guitar... im oso a big blues fan... im currently addicted to srv music.... for band songs.. i like rhcp the most...

the problem i worry the most is.. sum ppl out there said that the JEM-JR is a fake jem... thats freak me out a little bit... but i check on the official website on ibanez n Jem-Jr do appear on the page of signature guitar of steve vai.. dat make me confuse..

a friend of mine own rg350dx... n i do agree dat it"s a nice guitar.. but it weight too heavy for me.. im a skinny guy n yea.. for me jem-jr do look better den rg350dx..but when it come to quality of the guitar.. im totally blur.. so pls gimme sum advice on it....

so which guitar shud i choose?? i hav to be extremely careful becoz im nt a rich kid... this is probably my last guitar... n any recommendation for amp below the price of RM700 is accepttable

THX ALOT GUYS
Jackson!
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
dude bc rich gunslinger
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Check out the one you're going to buy, and really mess with the tremolo. Lower-priced guitars usually have crappy quality tremolos. As for whether or not it's real, if it's quality-- and I mean in sound and playability-- who cares. Other than the fact that you might be overpaying just for a name, if it feels good, it is good. Seeing as you're in Malaysia, you might have a different selection of guitars/guitar brands, check them all out and look for the specs that you want.
In the end, when you have something playable, put more cash down on a killer amp instead. Maybe even save up for a good dictionary and grammar book.
guys... i nid to choose btw this 2 only... coz of my budget is reli low.... in malaysia a gud quality of telecaster cost about rm4000.. so u can imagine dat... i check out jackson too.. but i dun reli like the X shape...
Quote by Eminored
Check out the one you're going to buy, and really mess with the tremolo. Lower-priced guitars usually have crappy quality tremolos. As for whether or not it's real, if it's quality-- and I mean in sound and playability-- who cares. Other than the fact that you might be overpaying just for a name, if it feels good, it is good. Seeing as you're in Malaysia, you might have a different selection of guitars/guitar brands, check them all out and look for the specs that you want.
In the end, when you have something playable, put more cash down on a killer amp instead. Maybe even save up for a good dictionary and grammar book.

thx alot =D... er.. pls forgive me for my poor english sorry~
DiMarzio pickup

INF pickup

IBZ INF pickup

which of them is the best pickup?????????

n how pickup work wit the guitar?????