Here's the deal - I had a VJ head (with bitmo mods and JJ tubes) for about 4 days - didn't like it as much as my old vintage tubers so I gave it to a buddy who was AMPLESS and broke. He decided he hated it cause he likes "clean" and the VJ wasn't his "cup of tea" so I traded him a Fender Frontman 15R I had laying around (he wanted my Roland 60-watt but NADA) and I got the amp back. What's the best thing I can do to get more "tone" outta this thing? Speaker? - I'm running it through an old 12" speaker I had but everyone says the VJ bottom really makes it shine... OT? I read that the Hammond OT replacement really adds more to it... It's not a bad amp - I'm using it with a TS-7 and just tried it with my Korg AX5G (not bad - chorus, reverb, etc. all seem to help) but what do ya'll recommend to get a fatter MARSHALL-LIKE sound? I know it's a $100 amp so I'm not kidding myself but what's next to do to it? Anyone have any suggestions? Ya'll are more "in the groove" than me as I'm an old cat (56 now)
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by philipisabeast
EQ pedal?

ya. and maybe a new 2x12 cab for it.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
EQ Pedal - hmmmmm - what about a cheapie (I'm poor) like the Fish-N-Chips? Never owned one - Will that really help?
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
The fish n chips have a pretty high standing round here so I could recommend it off the back of the stuff that is mentioned alot; plus it's pretty cost effective
Quote by strangedogs
EQ Pedal - hmmmmm - what about a cheapie (I'm poor) like the Fish-N-Chips? Never owned one - Will that really help?

Definitaly. I had, until very very recently, a VJ that I modded myself. It ended up being quite midsy, and a touch thin on the bass end (which I wanted and liked!), but I got a Fish-n'-Chips, for recording and futzing around with other tones and voicings. It definitally is the most cost effective solution to your problem, in my opinion.