Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by boreamor
Go for a (auto)biography?

+1
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Johnny Got His Gun

its about war, and it inspired One by Metallica, so I guess it could be have something to do with music.
plus its a really good book.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
Quote by boreamor
Go for a (auto)biography?

+2, read a chili peppers biography, theirs is an inspiring story.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Wild Swans by Jung Chang

is amazing. i had to read it for an asian history class last year and it was great. i didnt want to put it down.

this is what the back cover says, if you want to know what its about:

"Blending the intimacy of memoir and the panoramic sweep of eyewitness history, Wild Swans has become a bestselling classic in thirty languages, with more than ten million copies sold. The story of three generations in twentieth-century China, it is an engrossing record of Mao's impact on China, an unusual window on the female experience in the modern world, and an inspiring tale of courage and love.
Jung Chang describes the life of her grandmother, a warlord's concubine; her mother's struggles as a young idealistic Communist; and her parents' experience as members of the Communist elite and their ordeal during the Cultural Revolution. Chang was a Red Guard briefly at the age of fourteen, then worked as a peasant, a "barefoot doctor," a steelworker, and an electrician. As the story of each generation unfolds, Chang captures in gripping, moving -- and ultimately uplifting -- detail the cycles of violent drama visited on her own family and millions of others caught in the whirlwind of history."

here it is:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780743246989&itm=2
Last edited by daytripper75 at Feb 9, 2008,
lords of chaos the history of black metal
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Forgotten Voices series.

Collections of accounts from veterans of WWI, 2, etc. An immensely interesting read.
Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe.

I'm reading that right now.

And I just read Scar Tissue (Anthony Kiedis' autobio) and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson...

all are good books.
The basketball diaries by Jim Carroll is great...its not too much about music but a truly great book IMO
Quote by daytripper75

yeah im looking up all of these books
Johnny Got His Gun
The Antichrist
and
Wild Swans look interesting...
mainly the antichrist i used to go to catholic school and it made me interested in knowing anything against the christian religion thats what happens at a catholic school
Try your favorite Rockstars (Auto) Biography.

or if your more politicaly inclined, I recommend Stupid White Men by Michael Moore, very interesting and entertaining read.

Or A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson is good, if your into Science and Natural History.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

if American History X is anything like reality, that will only end in him getting shot in his school bathroom.

if you want to take that risk, go ahead and read it.
How to Make an Electric Guitar - Melvyn Hiscock

Enjoy
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Stranger than Fiction:True Stories by Chuck Palahniuk. I haven't actually read it though but Chuck Palahniuk is awesome...
Quote by bequickorbedead
Stranger than Fiction:True Stories by Chuck Palahniuk. I haven't actually read it though but Chuck Palahniuk is awesome...

ive read part of it. its ok. not as good as his other stuff. i actually found some parts pretty boring, which is why i havent gotten around to finishing it.
My dad said Mein Kampf was actually good, not in like, the "Oh what an excellent book!" but how disturbingly brilliant he was.

I'm not a Nazi or anti-semite or anything, I'm just throwing it out there.
Quote by daytripper75
ive read part of it. its ok. not as good as his other stuff. i actually found some parts pretty boring, which is why i havent gotten around to finishing it.

Sounds like me with A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, some parts of it are good, but compared to his other stuff it is awful. Plus it's scientifically inaccurate quite a few times too...
going sort of on the lines of the war theme, I recommend "the best short works of Richard P Feynam. The pleasure of finding things out".
It has a very interesting section about what it was like developing the nuclear bombs and how it affected him mentally.
Its all physics related, so if your into that thing i really would tell you to read it
Freakonomics is pretty good. It gets poo-pooed by "real" economists, but I think it's pretty interesting.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Broken_Drum
Anything by Friedrich Nietzsche. I recommend The Antichrist.

+1 I enjoyed reating Nietzsche a lot.
Quote by bearded_monkey
The Bible

Score 1 for Catholics...

Its status as non-fiction is arguable.
Last edited by National_Anthem at Feb 9, 2008,
A People's History of the United States 1492-Present by Howard Zinn
Stranger Than Fiction by Chuck Palahniuk

Or, if you like the Ramones, Poison Heart: Surviving the Ramones, Dee Dee's autobiography, is very interesting. It's also published under the title Lobotomy.
RIchard Preston - The Hot Zone

About a near-epidemic breakout of Ebola and Marburg. Entertaining read.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?