I am most likely going to be selling my epiphone les paul and would like to know if anyone knew anything more about it. It is all black with a transparent black finish on the top, black pickup covers, black speed knobs, black hardware. It seems like a version of the standard but I have never seen a standard with a bolt on neck anyone see one like this before? I even had one person email me telling me it's a fake I don't think it would be very useful to make a fake epiphone plus it plays better than my other epiphones and my friend's epiphones.
it was made in
Saein Plant, Korea
November 1997
Production Number: 0271

Quote by Aidy Damage
I wouldn't tap that.

same here
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
i must say that is a wierd color...

look for some other epiphones. when you search you will find one that kills
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I'm selling it because I'm getting a gibson les paul not buying it and compared to other epiphones I've played this one tops them all. I've tried google and found nothing like it. Th finish is like a transparent burst and you can see the flame from the flamed maple top on it. I'm just trying to find out more info on it.
The truss rod cover on mine says Les Paul Standard, and the selector switch has rythm/treble written by it. Yours also has the knobs you find on the SG.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Last edited by zapparage at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by zapparage
The truss rod cover on mine says Les Paul Standard, and the selector switch has rythm/treble written by it. Yours also has the knobs you find on the SG.

sgs dont come with black speed knobs or at least any that I have seen and mine didn't come with knobs like on the les paul
Well the SG 310 black does.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Kind of weird, but the neck plate is legit. Besides, most fakers don't use expensive 3D plates like that. Try contacting Gibson? I doubt its fake, as non one fakes a lower end guitar or puts nice hardware like that on it. That said I don't know the model of it. Very likely though it was some kind of limited run for a big box store (GC, Sam Ash, etc).