Page 1 of 4
Tell your stories

cuz I was thinking about how I started wearing slip on, checkered vans back in 6th or 7th grade (5, 6 years ago) and I got made fun of for it, but now everyone wears them and I'm wearing Diesel, and alot of people are like " noob, where are you vans"

then in 8th grade i ****ed up my hair cut so i just swept to the side, so i looked like an emo kid, but i had no idea what emo kids were

i know people have done that **** for decades but it's really popular now

i feel like trendsetter? kind of

anyone else done anything remotely like this, wether it be listening to a certain band, playing a certain genre, playing a sport, doing anything that wasn't cool and now is?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I invented LOL OMG RANDOM INSANE humour, I swear it. Then 14 year old myspace bitches came along and ruined it
I haven't personally, but my parents went to Europe a few years ago and discovered sudoku. when they came back to the US nobody even knew what it was, but within the year it was the most popular time waster in the country
hmm, homosexuality,first to wear clothing, necrophelia, bludgeoning of otters... yeah im basically a trend setter
Running away from this earth.
May it pass away in the beautiful flames that it was created for.
Because when tomorrow fails to come,
today is just not the same.
Inflamed earth.
Roses.
In this hope.
For all i care set it all ablaze.

I set trends before it became cool.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Ah I listen to bands before they get really famous and get sick of them then curse when they become famous and overplayed by everyone. For example, The Killers, Bullet For My Valentine. Weak.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
i introduce my friends to loads of underground bands.
that's about it.
oh, and ive been wearing skate shoes since 6th grade. now everyone at my school has them.
skateboarding way back before it was popular, i remember trying to ollie on one of those bigass flat boards. now i haven't skated in years
Wearing skate shoes,
Leather jackets

and introduced people to a few bands.....
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
before emo was all gay and about just wearing black and **** and cutting yourself i was emo...

i am not proud
Quote by Vermintide
I invented LOL OMG RANDOM INSANE humour, I swear it. Then 14 year old myspace bitches came along and ruined it

Ever seen "Who's line is it anyway?" - What, no? Ah.

Edit - you guys know the band Snow Patrol? Well, you know the album that sent them from having a very small (but focused) fanbase to insane levels?

That might not have happened if they had not re-released the album and remastered it. They did like a few thousand copies of the original, which I had - which was alot rawer (imho) than the re-release.

I swear no one's ever mentioned it before but it's true. If they hadn't re-done that cd, who knows?
Last edited by Jackolas at Feb 9, 2008,
Read the Harry Potter books.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
my brothers band played a show with robert randolph before he got big. and he also gigged with deathcab for cutie once before they hit it big
well....sorry
I had emo clothes before emo became the today's emo... I still wear it now, not as much though, because the gangsters throw weird looks at me, I look far more badass when wearing pants with big pipes and Metallica shirts...

Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Wearing skate shoes,
Leather jackets

and introduced people to a few bands.....

When haven't leather jackets been popular?

also, I totally got on the obesity train before any of these poser kids did it
oh there r too many 2 count. but a memorable one is when i started wearing plad shorts before they came back in last year. so i like to say that i started that trend.
i listened mago de oz, system of a down and children of bodom before it was popular here in mexco, now everyone talks about it like if they were fans since ever
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by clearchaos
i introduce my friends to loads of underground bands.
that's about it.
oh, and ive been wearing skate shoes since 6th grade. now everyone at my school has them.

Hey, that's just like me...both things. :S)
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I remembered some other stuff...

Peep Show, Scrubs. I liked them like, loads. Then BOOM, suddenly in the UK a couple of years ago everyone starts quoting Scrubs and so on... Both shows were on really late at night so hardly anyone knew them, then Scrubs got a better time slot on Channel 4 (I think).
Me and my friend started Jackass. We were kids filmng each other hurting ourselves. Fun times
Masturbation.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
I've worn Chuck Taylors since about 1st grade and and used to get picked on because I didn't wear Nikes and now everybody wears Converse.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
rizo299...your avatar is hypnotazing me...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by <the_last>
hmm, homosexuality,first to wear clothing, necrophelia, bludgeoning of otters... yeah im basically a trend setter

You are a COMPLETE LIAR. I know because I was the one that started all of those things. Also, donkey sex. I was also the first person to mistakingly type "p" instead of "o" in "own". I apologize for that epic typo.

Other then a handful of bands I started listening to before they hit the charts, can't really think of anything else...but I think everyone has had that experience...because its REALLY annoying when they brag about.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
i wore all black and had tightass pants with bigass skate shoes....but now thats over played so i just wear medium tight pants now
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
watched the mighty boosh

Watched? Psch. I remember when it was a radio series
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AX120
'94 Gibson Les Paul Standard

Effects:
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Digitech RP50
Line 6 DL-4

Amp:
Marshall MG100HDFX
I've listened to certain bands that were on Guitar Hero II for a while now such as;

Allman Brothers, Black Sabbath, Buckethead, Dethklok (and Metalocalypse on general), Megadeth, The Sword, etc.

Ever since guitar hero II came out I've consistently been called a poser for liking a lot of bands and I get all my music from guitar hero even though I listened to them before. Yet 90% of the kids who like those bands at my school only do it because it was on guitar hero.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Last edited by Garret. at Feb 9, 2008,
I've introduced various bands to my school that have become popular. Not many people recognize my awesome music taste, funnily enough though. I guess they don't know how the stuff was introduced, heh (like...system of a down, lamb of god, trivium, radiohead [though no-one agrees with me on the last...douches ])
i was totally breathing oxygen before it became en vogue
oh
and jerking it on public transportation
Also, I got to school with Drew Aud, Sterling Miller and Kaleb Fulkerson

Drew Aud is the best guitarist in our school, but he can't write worth ****, but he's probably going to be a famous guitarist

Sterling is an amazing guitarist as is Kaleb, but Kaleb is going to be one of the headlining bassists in the near future, he's amazing and he's an amaazing musician

its crazy
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
i wear pants that actually ****ing fit me maybe that will be a trend.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I introduced bands to people, I skateboarded and played paintball before they became popular. I started playing guitar before it became really popular (again, that sort of goes in cycles)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I bought Guitar Hero I before anyone had even heard of it in my town. Now everyone plays it
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by KingJustinian25
I heard Through the Fire and Flames before guitar hero and listened to DragonForce.

same here nd i quickly realized dragonforce was crap before everyone else did
Quote by bpf3991
same here nd i quickly realized dragonforce was crap before everyone else did

I've realised that about loads of bands who people just seem to like later.
Page 1 of 4