I'd say they're way too close to judge from a camera mic. They both have power tube distortion in spades, but I'd have to play them in person to pick one. Personally I'd rather have a few more watts (ala blues jr) and have a few cleans and the ability to compete with a drummer.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The TMB does wonders on my Blackheart, you can tailor your sound rather than just dull it/not effect the signal as much with guitar tone controls.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i found that comparison pretty interesting. If the BH's controls really are useless, I'm def going for the Epi Valve Junior cause of the sound. I'm still goign to try them out myself if i ever have the time to go
The Blackheart tone controls are anything but useless. Believe me. The amps are pretty much comparable overall, but the Blackheart is more versatile. Don't forget, it was the same guy who designed both so even if you prefer one, you know the other isn't a dud.

In the end, it really is up to you, but don't write either off until you've tried them.
i think he meant it more as, 'they don't do much', rather than 'useless'.
either way, i'd probably get a pedal EQ with both amps if i'd have one of those amps anyway.
Hope he makes a 25 watt amp.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
They are making a 7/15w Blackheart called the "Handsome Devil" to be released in April. And a 100w Head too, as well as matching cabinets. The 100w head can be changed from 100 to 50 watts in class A mode and in class A/B it can be changed between 60 and 30 watts. One of these should suit you.
Don't think I want an amp that size though.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by splat102
Don't think I want an amp that size though.

a 30 watt a/b?
thats like 1 dB louder than 25 watts.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
a 30 watt a/b?
thats like 1 dB louder than 25 watts.

"does that mean it's louder ?"
- "well that's one louder, isn't it ?"

I find EQ controls on the amp to be pointless. I get all my eq from adjusting pedal settings and an eq pedal. However I would find a gain control to be useful. Even more so with an fx loop. I have a Fender Pro Jr and never touch the tone control.