Hi all,
I just picked up the guitar after a 20 year hiatus. Or, I played a little as a kid
I purchased a Fender Highway One strat online. Everything seems to be in order with the exception on the Tone for the middle pickup. Neither of the Tone controls seem to effect it. Is this just the way they're wired. If it's a silly question, it's my first so...
Many thanks,
Barefoot Robb
Put the switch in different positions and try each of the tone knobs again and you may notice a little difference. Tone knobs generally don't have too much of a good effect on your sound though (in my opinion) so I just always leave them on 10. Enjoy your instrument
^tone controls affect your tone, and if you know how to use them they are really useful! as for your strat, try to put the switch in the 3rd position and turn the middle tone pot (the last one) to 0 and then to 10 and se if you hear some difference. if it isn´t broken you´ll hear a huge difference between 0 and 10!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
^tone controls affect your tone, and if you know how to use them they are really useful! as for your strat, try to put the switch in the 3rd position and turn the middle tone pot (the last one) to 0 and then to 10 and se if you hear some difference. if it isn´t broken you´ll hear a huge difference between 0 and 10!

You actually use them? What type of music do you play?
i play a little bit of everything and they help me

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I don't really use tone controls either... I can TELL the difference between 1 and 10 clear as day, but I preffer 10, so thats where it stays.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff