Just been messing about with my zippo doing the take away the flame trick and i managed to get the flame to hover about 3inches abouve the lighter by basicaly nipping the flame and moving my fingers up along side it.
Anyone know how to do this consistantly looked cool as f**k and i cant get it to do it again

ta
Last edited by Bstar at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by SilentDeftone
Video or it didn't happen.

-SD

lol i just got it again and made a grab for my phone and it went back down ARghhhh!! There will be a video by the end of tonight
... I only know one trick with a Zippo, but i can never do it consistently... The one were you lift your leg up, whip your arm down and flipping the top of the lighter, then bringing it back up and hitting the wheel with your leg, lighting it
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Bstar
lol i just got it again and made a grab for my phone and it went back down ARghhhh!! There will be a video by the end of tonight

The end of tonight is in 9 hours for me. How many hours are we talking here?
I don't have a zippo, but a have a cheap metal case for my mini-Bics!

Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
I don't have a zippo, but a have a cheap metal case for my mini-Bics!

those rock!!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Had it 3 times now and managed to get a blurry pic lol you'v got 2 keep your hand realy steady or it just drops back down.

Think iv worked it out though if u bend the wick towards the lid and hold it down at an angle when you light it theres like a circle about halfway up the blue flame you just got to turn it towards the ground slowly and it breaks away from the wick and rises up
Quote by slashrules!!!
where's the pic?

like i said its a **** pic
It looks like a little fireball an inch or two above the lighter.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo

there ya go keep your hand steady and it stays there for ages
how do you do it
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Its about the angle you have it at when you light it. Bend the wick over towards the lid when its open, then light the lighter with it tilted down a bit on the side without the hinge. If youve got the right angle the flame splits away and if you slowly put the lighter straight the flame rises up.

Think that makes sense
Gonna try and light my cig on the floating flame when im out later see if anyone notices lol
Quote by filthandfury
Video it.

dont have a web cam atm. Ill update the tread with a video when i get one, got it working pretty consistantly now
I thought this was gonna be a topic about that Asian site where they set a cat on fire with a Zippo.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
I thought this was gonna be a topic about that Asian site where they set a cat on fire with a Zippo.

haha

People don't set cats on fire enough these days
Quote by bequickorbedead
haha

People don't set cats on fire enough these days

and for my next trick

I like cats
they dont set dogs on fire that often anymore,thats a shame.......
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.