I wanna get a sg then i went and played one and it felt fake and to light hehe. BUt easy to get at the frets. I think i got my sites on a fender strat. I own a peavy raptor and i like it but i want a better verson a fendor. Something with a name i can trust.
i got 1200 to spend. I dunno what to get . I love to play srv and clapton like solos. Also blues type and switch up with some heavy stuff but not like death metal heavy like nirvana heavy. Any suggestions?

i like maple fret bpoard. and does it matter if its american made or not?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
1200 what? £ or $???
2 Xmas's ago=Yamaha RGX 121Z

Last Xmas=ESP LTD EX50

Next Xmas=???
either a fender american std strat or a fender american deluxe strat is exactly what you are looking for, and american made guitars are almost always made out of better materials and better craftsmanship than say an import
My Gear

Guitars
Gibson faded Sg in cherry red
Squire bullet special

Amps
Palomino v8
Effects
Danelectro Fish and chips EQ
Boss DM-3 analog delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Feb 9, 2008,
well with a strat youll have little trouble with fret access. 50-60 reissue custom shop will set you back 3000.

so ill say you need an american standard strat!
they are great gutiars.
Also blues type and switch up with some heavy stuff but not like death metal heavy like nirvana heavy.

wtf? nirvana is NOT death metal.
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Why were you thinking about an SG if that's what your into? It's gotta be a strat.

Well I've just ordered myself an American Deluxe Ash Strat, which is amazing. I played it on a store last week and I love everything about it. The locking tuners are excellent to keep in tuning in tact (if you get nervy about that stuff like me) and the ash body means it's light enough to feel 100% comfortable when your gigging. Some don't rate SCN pickups, but I personally think they're great. They don't help heavier players, but a bluesy man like yourself would quite like 'em. (Aged Red Cherry looks TEH SEX as well)

MIM Strats are very decent these days too. You could easily mod one of those to get it up to scratch with an American model. Depends on your budget, which because your from the US and I'm in the UK where everything is horribly over-priced, I have no idea about.