If there is no tone knob on a guitar would the tone on the amp it's plugged into still work?
All the tone knob on the guitar itself does is take away/add treble.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
^the tom delonge signature strat I think
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by BluesLP1990
wth kind of guitar doesn't have a tone control?

If you don't need a tone knob, why do you have to have one?
Quote by BluesLP1990

quite a lot actually:

one in particular that i have my eye on is the B.C. Rich Gunslinger Retro, the yellow one.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by BluesLP1990

Lots do. Wes Borland signature only has pickup volume knobs and a pickup selector switch. The Killswitch Engage signature bass and another Ibanez signature bass only have a single volume knob and nothing else, as does the Mark Hoppus signature bass. Just to name a few.
Quote by BluesLP1990

there are so many
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I don't even use my tone knob, I run everything wide open anyway, I could get away with just a toggle switch for my volume. On or off. Tone knobs are a waste if you ask me. Some may use them, I don't see the point.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
I never use my tone knob either. Thats why a lot of custom guitars dont have them. I prefer mine to be disabled. Its just there for looks pretty much. I like it on 10 and thats it. And to that comment with the dude saying if you dont need a tone knob then why have one? Well because it comes on the guitar you like. lol
Quote by BluesLP1990

man, you are way off on another planet!

heard of Van Halen? seems not

"Tone? I dont need no tone - Volume is tone!"

He.is.correct.
Quote by zoomzilla
I don't even use my tone knob, I run everything wide open anyway, I could get away with just a toggle switch for my volume. On or off. Tone knobs are a waste if you ask me. Some may use them, I don't see the point.

I use it for my lighter side of playing. Most of the time I play metal (GAIN/THRASH/CHUG/GAIN). Sometimes I really need to jam it out, so I roll down my tone knob to about 1/2 way, put my gain boost off, plug my wah in and play a bit of hendrix. IMO, tone knob/wahwah really go well together.
if your amp is good enough and has a nice voicing - you dont need a tone pot - just vol.

partly why im going with Orange now - Engl is too bright - not harsh, bright

Orange has that darker, purer voicing - capable of falling into better cleans from dirty, just with the guitar.