Hi,

I have had my mesa boogie f-50 for half a year now and I still love it as much as I did when I bought it. However, the footswitch could need some improvements; it could need one more led and a mod on one of the existing ones.

There are three switches on the switch, of which I want to mod two:

- Channel (This one is the way it should be, with led and everything)

- Contour. (This kicks in contour mode when using the lead channel) This one has a led, but the led is only active with the lead channel, I want this led to light whenever the contour mode is selected, even when I'm using the clean channel. can this be done?

- Reverb. This switch is fine, but it needs a led to indicate wether its on or not. How can I install one?

The cable from the amp to the switch is not an ordinary jack by the way. Its a midi cable, and I think it has 5 or 3 pins.

so, can the changes/mods be done? How?

Thanks,
Thomas
Originally posted by kornrules09
well if it comes with pick, I say get it!
i have the F-50 as well. adding a LED to the reverb switch isnt a bad idea, im gonna keep an eye on this thread.

sorry i couldnt be much help, im at college right now and didnt bring the F-50 with me. though i assume that adding an LED shouldnt be much trouble, even for someone with 3 years of high school electronics like me!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
if it's a real midi cable, it has to have 1 pin for current, which you can use to make a led light up (make sure to use an appropriate resistor). the led then lights when the circuit is closed ( -resistor->led->ground
Quote by mithrilglove
if it's a real midi cable, it has to have 1 pin for current, which you can use to make a led light up (make sure to use an appropriate resistor). the led then lights when the circuit is closed ( -resistor->led->ground

ok thanks,

Could you please tell me how a midi cable setup works? Which way the currents go etc..

And what would be an appropriate resistor? In terms of Ohm rating I mean..
bumpbumpbump..

will someone please answer any of my questions? I know you can
Quote by thomas_wh
bumpbumpbump..

will someone please answer any of my questions? I know you can
Someone would, but Someone(YouKnew) doesn't know.
I don't have a schematic for an f-50.
I doubt the cable for this switch is using midi protocol.
The connectors might be the same,
but they're probably sending midi signals through it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Someone would, but Someone(YouKnew) doesn't know.
I don't have a schematic for an f-50.
I doubt the cable for this switch is using midi protocol.
The connectors might be the same,
but they're probably sending midi signals through it.

The cable is the same at least, I checked yesterday at rehearsals. Im assuming you mean its probably just sending a regular electrical signal to a relay/switch in my amp and not some standardized midi language.

Im starting to think I'll get new switches with more poles (3PDT) and a battery so I can run them in a separate curcuit.