So I went to Guitar Center today and I was pretty dissapointed. It seemed really crammed to me! I did play an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Custom (HHH), and Ultra. I also played a Gibson LP Classic, an HSS Stratocaster, and an HH Telecaster.

I still have not made a decision! I love the action on the Fenders, but I love the look and the sound of an LP, not to mention that they fit my style much better!

It was very hard to hear the difference in sound (with both amps and guitars)because i was so close to everyone else. They also didnt have my amp there so I couldnt play through my amp to hear the difference.

I think that I need to go to Sam Ash, and get someone who is somewhat experienced and knows what their doing.
Hello
imo, if you are buying anything over $200 stay away from gc or other large stores..
i just dont like the way gc treats customers, and their stock is usually crap from people playing it over and over.

go to your mom and pop's store near by and check out the quality of their instruments. bet you its much better than gc.

also you can actually hear what your playing in there!
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by jeremylp
imo, if you are buying anything over $200 stay away from gc or other large stores..
i just dont like the way gc treats customers, and their stock is usually crap from people playing it over and over.

go to your mom and pop's store near by and check out the quality of their instruments. bet you its much better than gc.

also you can actually hear what your playing in there!

Our "mom and pop" store is pretty much the worst thing in existence. They have never carried a guitar that is even slightly a "quality instrument" and seem to only cater (poorly) to the beginner guitar player. All the instruments, even one of the pianos, are always out of tune, the finishes are never maintained, so the guitars that have been there for more than six months (most of them) are looking like hell, with equally bad strings.

Long and McQuades (the closest thing we've got to a GC) actually maintains their instruments mildly regularly and have a boatload of actually quality instruments.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
Our "mom and pop" store is pretty much the worst thing in existence. They have never carried a guitar that is even slightly a "quality instrument" and seem to only cater (poorly) to the beginner guitar player. All the instruments, even one of the pianos, are always out of tune, the finishes are never maintained, so the guitars that have been there for more than six months (most of them) are looking like hell, with equally bad strings.

Long and McQuades (the closest thing we've got to a GC) actually maintains their instruments mildly regularly and have a boatload of actually quality instruments.

not here in LA..
gc around here will treat you like s.
mom and pop store right down the street, i spent my summers there. spent probably good $7000 there too.
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I am not sure if we have a mom and pop store. We have a Zeswitz, but it is ridiculous! The only thing that I will ever buy there is strings or a stand. They have decent looking guitars, but I think that some of them have been there for years! I sware i always see the same ones.
Hello