buy a Randall RG100ES head from a friend at college? He is willing to sell it for $300 and he is also willing to lend it to me before I buy it. All I know is that it is a SS amp and what immediately popped into my head was the UG community screaming "NO!" Haha. So should I buy it? I'd have to buy the cab but $300 for a head isn't bad...at least I don't think so.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Feb 10, 2008,
Quote by Dvnc
do you like the sound?

I've never heard it except for a few clips on youtube (one ****ty, one not bad but he had a pedal) so that is one reason why I am asking you guys.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
I've never heard it except for a few clips on youtube (one ****ty, one not bad but he had a pedal) so that is one reason why I am asking you guys.

If you like Solid State crunch then you will like this amp..

Pro's
Durable (My buddy had one he kicked off his cab numerous times and dropped it our the back of a truck and it still worked fine.) And that same amp he is selling for $400 bucks so your getting a really good deal lol
Randall probally makes the best solid states amps there is.
Sound is more modern.

Con's
Its not Tube
Well, it's just that when I hear the word solid state a red alarm bell goes off in my head now because everyone (here at least) pretty much look down on solid state. I'll probably borrow it and see how I like it sometime.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Well, it's just that when I hear the word solid state a red alarm bell goes off in my head now because everyone (here at least) pretty much look down on solid state. I'll probably borrow it and see how I like it sometime.

Randalls are actually pretty decent. But you can tell it is a Solid State amp.. So if your looking for Tube tone you will not find it with that amp... It just really depends on what style music you like and what you prefer tone wise.. Ive heard some brutal stuff come out of my buddys amp.. And the way he plays it has a organic tone to it... But then again any amp i've seen him play sounds brutal and organic lol Its like they say its pretty much all in the hands..
Oops, I just realized I misspelled the name of the amp in my thread, I have since fixed it, and I'm also going to bump it because of that mistake and so I can get a few more responses to sway my opinion.
Quote by Senor Kristian