Poll: What is the most physically rigorous sport?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is the most physically rigorous sport?
Football(American)
32 13%
Soccer/Football
35 14%
Hockey
38 16%
Lacrosse
12 5%
Baseball or Cricket (haha)
4 2%
Rugby
122 50%
Voters: 243.
Page 1 of 4
What *team* sport do you think is the most physically taxing? I'm going with soccer, and yes I didn't list every team sport in the world...

EDIT: woops, I didn't post Basketball...but your a wimp if you're angry it isn't in the poll.

EDIT #2: emphasis on TEAM sports.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Feb 9, 2008,
I dunno, Rugby's pretty brutal. Someone stood on my hand last week during PE (we're doing rugby) and now it's all swolen with cuts and stuff and i can't play my guitar.
You know, I change my mind...I'm gonna go with Rugby. A friend of mine who played rugby tried to teach me a little and I got flattened...he's like 20yrs older then me too.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
rugby players are real men

american football and rest of the world football (or soccer to you amercicans) are for pussys

hockey and lacross kinda in the middle they can be tought

and baseball(or retarded rounders for the rest of the world) doesnt really qualify for this thing, its got the least contact
Rugby, its basically (American)Football and soccer combined. Oh, and you get your ears bitten off.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Rowing ftw
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Wrestling, or Martial Arts.

Those aren't really team sports...as in your in a wrestling team but you don't wrestle as a team...unless you're...you know..."that type"

neither is boxing even tho it's nice and brutal.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
Chess. lol I'd say Muay Thai. Elbows and knees to the temple don't exactly make you feel a whole lot better
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Either rugby or american football.

The only way I want to be running in an NFL game is AWAY from the offensive line.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Either rugby or american football.

The only way I want to be running in an NFL game is AWAY from the offensive line.

O-line is the only real rigorous part of American Football. Your knees get f*cked!
Quote by KryptNet
Those aren't really team sports...as in your in a wrestling team but you don't wrestle as a team...unless you're...you know..."that type"

neither is boxing even tho it's nice and brutal.

Tag-team wrestling?

But seriously, water polo. Brutal sport. I never intend on playing that.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Yeah, I saw you post that earlier . . .
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Yeah, I saw you post that earlier . . .

I know, it's just easier to hit ctrl+V than it is to say "Scroll up and click the link I posted earlier."
Well I'll have to say rugby as I haven't really seen enough, if any, of the other ones.
Dodgeball!

That last guy got hit in the nuts at least 3x. His teammates were giving us the thumbs up.

-SD
Last edited by SilentDeftone at Feb 9, 2008,
Rugby (mostly because of the body contact), Soccer, Moto cross.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
rugby for sure. It's a killer. You need to run to every ruck, then wrestle with people while you're there. If you're lucky enough to fall over in the ruck and get a rest, you can be trodden and stomped on. Then you get up, run to the next ruck and start again.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Jeaaaaaaalouuuuuus.

-SD

Of what, exactly?
Quote by gibsonpenguin
^Which one are you?

I'm not in any of those pictures. I have pictures of myself but I'm sure Dready would photoshop them embarrassingly.

Quote by Dreadnought
Of what, exactly?

Obviously, me.

-SD
I play almost all sports and the most enduring and rigourous solo sport by far is wrestling. I wrestle for my Middle School. It is an extremely hard sport it is nothing like the WWF or WWE. Type in College Wrestling on youtube and watch some of those videos. it is alot harder than it looks. I placed 1st at regionals
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Quote by ClassicRock1169
I play almost all sports and the most enduring and rigourous solo sport by far is wrestling. I wrestle for my Middle School. It is an extremely hard sport it is nothing like the WWF or WWE. Type in College Wrestling on youtube and watch some of those videos. it is alot harder than it looks. I placed 1st at regionals

lol @ middle school
Quote by Dreadnought
lol @ middle school

I think Water Polo is the hardest sport.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
rugby for a team sport

if it was anything, probably moto cross and any sort of fighting sports
Golf.

...but seriously, it's definitely rugby, without a doubt. Not just the fat kids running about a pitch kind, but the real, competitive kind. Those guys are solid muscle. 80 minutes of running around a pitch, taking down guys that weigh ridiculous amounts and all that...
Quote by bequickorbedead
Golf.

...but seriously, it's definitely rugby, without a doubt. Not just the fat kids running about a pitch kind, but the real, competitive kind. Those guys are solid muscle. 80 minutes of running around a pitch, taking down guys that weigh ridiculous amounts and all that...

Golf is actually one of the most rigorous sports. It takes perfect form, or else you won't hit it anywhere near where you need it. Rigorous doesn't mean ability to withstand pain, necessarily.
Page 1 of 4