I found this site that explains "2001: A Space Odyssey". It's actually very well done, and, for me at least, cleared somethings up.

http://www.kubrick2001.com/

Discuss?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
For sure.

The ending, with the Starchild, is the only thing I wish they would have gone into a LITTLe detail about, but I think I sort of picked it up anyway, so I'm fine.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I was watching the start of that movie the other day. For around 10 minutes I was watching Apes.

I then proceeded to put on the other movie I got out.

I should try watching it again (I'm a Kubrick fan) but I guess I wasn't in the mood that day.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
i love that movie, everytime i watch it i get my own interpretation of what each shot means to me, its really abstract in a way. and that's how i like to see the film as, even if my interpretations are wrong

i kinda like it how at the end of a movie it leaves something for the audience to imagine what it means or what it's trying to tell (2001)

or like at the end of lost in translation
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.