I don't like my headphone right now (ipod's headphone or i think they call it ear buds ???) so i want to change it...

Do you guys know of a good headphone to use, when plugging it in an amp?

So i want a decent headphone amp, not too expensive...but i am curious which one is the best if its expensive... i will see if i can work on saving some money (though, please recommend those cheap but good ones )
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
if you have a headphone out on your amp you dont need a headphone amp

I suggest the Sennheiser HD280 Pro units:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-HD280-Pro-ClosedBack-Headphones?sku=242411

They are truly great phones, I use them along with some Grado Labs SR-80 phones in my studio.

Stay away from Bose, they advertise a ton so they are well known but I know that they sound cruddy. They color the sound way too much compared to most phones and so they dont give a true, accurate sound.

BTW this is a headphone amp:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-HP4-Discrete-4Channel-Headphone-Amp?sku=184128
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 9, 2008,
what is cheap? headphones can be anything up to £700

maybe sennheiser hd555s or hd 595s, they are meant to be rather good
thanx guys...

Cheap is around $1-100 for me and my budget
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Stay away from Bose, they advertise a ton so they are well known but I know that they sound cruddy. They color the sound way too much compared to most phones and so they dont give a true, accurate sound.

I have the Bose QC2's and I love them.
Quote by suthy16
I have the Bose QC2's and I love them.

Dude, i have one of those before i started using my ipod earbud;however, i think i mess them up(so that's the reason i use ipod earbud)!!! Now, their is this buzzing sound even without plugging them anywhere... I think it's because i sometimes get to loud on my GT-8 accidently because of them unequally output level patch... Do you know a fix for this or should i send it a repair man... Do they have a waranty (its my moms so i am so in trouble ).

Also, if i buy that The Sennheiser HD280 Pro Closed-Back Headphones, what should i do so they don't end up like my mom's bose qc2? Any tips on using it the safest way, for a long lifespan ?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
bump...
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
If you are using the headphone output on the GT8 there should be no reason for the phones to break down.

With any phones you should NEVER turn the volume too high as it generally will start breaking down the speakers in them quickly.

I never trusted Bose much, they have never sounded or lasted a long time from what I've read and seen. If your Bose phones are buzzing and still covered, send them back to Bose and see if they cant do something like replace them for you.

I don't think you'll have much problem at all with the HD280s, they are some great, reliables headphones IMO.
thanx
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky