i recently bought an Ibanez rgr320ex in artic frost red. now when i bout it there were 3 colours avaliable ("artic frost" red, " "green and some gun metle thing) i havent been able to find any info on it scence ive bought it... but just today i go to the Ibanez website to find the RGR420EX (in both "artic frost" red and *new* " " white) it is the EXACT SAME guitar. now my question is, was mine a limited preproduction run or what or what the story is behind this, and will it ever be worth any money (if the whole rock star thing dosent work out). thanks in advance.
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
In short; no, it will not be worth anything extra. A lot of companies do limited runs with dealers, with Ibanez doing a lot with GC. Jackson also does a number of very limited (100 piece) runs with independant dealers.
Quote by amcrambler
i recently bought an Ibanez rgr320ex in artic frost red. now when i bout it there were 3 colours avaliable ("artic frost" red, " "green and some gun metle thing) i havent been able to find any info on it scence ive bought it... but just today i go to the Ibanez website to find the RGR420EX (in both "artic frost" red and *new* " " white) it is the EXACT SAME guitar. now my question is, was mine a limited preproduction run or what or what the story is behind this, and will it ever be worth any money (if the whole rock star thing dosent work out). thanks in advance.

These guitars never really go up in value, regardless of them being limited or not.

Places like GC occasionally order custom colours, so it's not that odd to find a non-standard colour.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Like CJRocker said, it's doubtful it'll be worth anything extra. May guitar companies work in conjunction with retailers for special limited runs, usually just variances of existing models. One of the reasons they may do this is to test the market in regards to those slight changes to see if they're well accepted. Another reason is to draw attention to a specific retailer through some mutual agreement (like those GC exclusives).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Aye the more valuable guitars tend to be lower number production runs and top of the range stuff; similar to the original 80's RG's and of course Strats and LP's; because a 'limited' guitar is in the majority of cases still going to be quite a large run it's much rarer to see them appreciate in value with time