Hi guys and girls, this is my first complete guitar track rather than just an idea ive had, as you will be able to tell, it sounds at lot like laid to rest, thats because i used that as the bases to this song, like the intro riff, but it is all my own stuff.

and hey if LOG can steal testaments riff why in the hell cant i!!!

in what way would you improve it?
is it i viable song?

anything else?

cheers james

its untitled

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/wozzsta/music/all/play212451
Soild playing there, you could be in a death metal band based on that me thinks...if i was to personally own that song though i'd maybe stick some kinda break down in it & lead up to a kick as solo as at the moment its 3 mins + of intense wiff's (yes i ment wiff's, tis my new word) which are petty sick sounding as they are i must say...Dont normally listen to that genre but i did rarther enjoy it i admit

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782097
Kicks Harder Than A Mule On Crack
Well it definitley does sound like Laid to Rest

I would like to hear this with some drums, my only concern is that it may be too similar to Laid to Rest.
Quote by TV-Casualty
Well it definitley does sound like Laid to Rest

I would like to hear this with some drums, my only concern is that it may be too similar to Laid to Rest.

yeah i just listened to them both back to back, and well it does kinda sounds i little to similar witch i guess for me isnt to much of a bad thing cauze they are my fave metal band, but it would be nice for it to sounds less like it, or well.
yea i liked it for sure, i mean of course it sounded like laid to rest, but there was still elements of your own present, playing sounded real accurate, the tone sometimes was a lil harsh for me personally, what amp/effects did u use....overall nice, better then i could prolly do, haha, get some lyrics and drums for it, and re-post later on!
I thought that was pretty damn sweet. Laid to Rest is an awesome song and so the fact that it does sound similar doenst really bother me at all.

Nice playing - very tight and very accurate. The tone wasn't bad - i think it suits the genre to have a very gainy and harsh sound so i wouldn't change that.

With some drums (Acoustica Beatcraft/Reason - or even Guitar Pro 5 RSE to start with) and then maybe some vocals this could be something very cool.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
First of all, your tone is perfect for this song IMO. Secondly, your riffage is excellent. I've never actually heard Laid To Rest, but this has made me want to go and listen. I also noticed that you need some drums. It could really add to the whole song and make it sound even more awesome. Very good job, well done!

Thanks for critting mine!