Anyone in the UK should know this by now. If not, check the news.

I can't fucking believe it... this is awful! Just days before I was due to go again, too...

This is deeply saddening.
one of my friends dahn sahf in cambridge said that some of camden market was getting shut down anyway...
insurance payout?
protest?
seems suspicious
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Camden market couldn't be killed by one single fire, It's got several areas, it'd have to be enourmous to torch all of them.
According to wikipedia:

"On February 9, 2008 at 8PM local time a large fire began in the Camden Canal Market area on the north side of Chalk Farm Road. After crossing the railway line, the fire has badly affected the rear of the Hawley Arms on Castlehaven Road, a well known local pub frequented by Amy Winehouse . Camden Lock Market and the Stables Market are unaffected by the fire.

There have been no casualties

Earlier reports from an eyewitness, in a video posted on the BBC website, mistakenly indicate it began near Camden Lock Market.[4]

Railway services running above the market were disrupted."

So only one part was destroyed.
I signed a petition a couple of months ago to protect Camden Market from the proposed retail developments for the area. This looks like another nail in the coffin for the market
I went there last year on my grand school trip to London. I don't live in the UK, what happened? That place was wicked cool.

EDIT:

Ok, got it.
Angel Pretty is gone... gone-diddly-one...

Now where do I get my visual kei garments?! I'm actually crying.
Quote by tdrules
one of my friends dahn sahf in cambridge said that some of camden market was getting shut down anyway...
insurance payout?
protest?
seems suspicious

Lol, cambridge ain't saaf....

Yeah I believe part of Camden was going to be redeveloped for newer, shinier, chain shops. The internet petition did not suceed (I signed it and recieved an email update on its process)

It's a sad day, I loved shopping up in Camden
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Knowing opportunistic capitalists, the cu-nts who were trying to 'redevelop' our beloved market will jump on this like Robbie Coltrane on a Melton Mobray pie.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Feb 9, 2008,
Meh, I went their once, was alright.

Hopefully no one's been hurt.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Knowing opportunistic capitalists, the cu-/SIZE]nts who were trying to 'redevelop' our beloved market will jump on this like Robbie Coltrane on a Melton Mobray pie.

Insulting capitalism? really?
Last edited by matt bickerton at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by matt bickerton
Meh, I went their once, was alright.

Hopefully no one's been hurt.

Insulting capitalism? really?

It wouldn't exactly be sensitive of some fat, balding men in suits with messy divorces to walk over to the ashes of Camden Market and say 'where's your protest now?', and then commence the construction of 50 Starbucks and the world's largest Topshop now, would it?
Quote by Aidy Damage
It wouldn't exactly be sensitive of some fat, balding men in suits with messy divorces to walk over to the ashes of Camden Market and say 'where's your protest now?', and then commence the construction of 50 Starbucks and the world's largest Topshop now, would it?

Man, Topshop rules.

But really, you're being quite overdramatic, it is a shame though.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Damn, ****, i loved that place.Bought my metal t-shirts from there whenever i was visiting London. Is it closed down completely? or just some parts of it?
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
I left Camden Market 10 mins before the fire happened.. To go to a gig.. Got another gig in Camden tonight.. Luckily it's not cancelled =/
You can't kill Camden Market. It's a state of mind.

Hence: "Bloody hell, this is totally Camden!!"

Or "Whoa, that's really Markety, dude..."

Anyway

It won't die. You can't kill places like that.

Anyone who hasn't, GO THERE.