we're born evil
29 21%
can't tell for sure
44 31%
don't care
41 29%
Voters: 141.
Page 1 of 2
Do you think we are innately pure and good and we are only corrupted by factors of our expreiences?

Or are we innately evil, only cultured to pratice compassion and justice but will always have a tinge of apathy?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Neither. I believe that all that comes into one's head later on. And there's no-one in this world who is pure good or pure evil. Or just plain good or evil.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Feb 9, 2008,
Who cares?
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
We are born Neutral
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I have begun to suspect that questions of "good" and "evil" are not self-evidently coherent.

Regardless, I do not belive either of those hypotheticals presented. I believe people react to stimuli. Factors like genetics influence our reactions to stimuli.
I think we have the ability to do good or evil, it just depends on our choices....if there is such thing as free will.
people always have the choice, however, influence is a giant factor.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Good and evil is only how the individual sees it so I don't think at any stage you can really take either path.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
you have to do an experiment, raise a kid in a room with complete isolation. Never meets another person their whole life. food and water comes out a hole in the wall.

Is that kid good or evil?

probably will most resemble a feral dog or monkey.

Are feral dogs/monkeys evil?

question answered.
Well, do you really think an evil person sees himself as evil? No, he would probably see himself as doing something good for himself, but indirectly hurting others. I think we all are technically 'good'.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
well i love to sin so i would say im evil i guess. i know thats not the question you asked but i just love to sin lol.
Society and culture breeds people. That is why I hate anti-racists even more then racists. Not that I'm supporting racism, but I hate how anti-racists always bag on racists and say they are ignorant and ****. No, that isn't the case, it just anti-racists have been bred differently. Obviously someone who grows up in England or Canada and has seen maybe 2 blacks in their whole life is going to see things differently than someone who is a descendant of Robert E. Lee.
Quote by symphonyX99
Society and culture breeds people. That is why I hate anti-racists even more then racists. Not that I'm supporting racism, but I hate how anti-racists always bag on racists and say they are ignorant and ****. No, that isn't the case, it just anti-racists have been bred differently. Obviously someone who grows up in England or Canada and has seen maybe 2 blacks in their whole life is going to see things differently than someone who is a descendant of Robert E. Lee.

No. They are ignorant.
really, it's all circumstantial.
when it comes to survival, we'll do anything.

for example, you're one of two people on a plane with one parachute and the engine dies.
tell me you're going to say "oh no, you can totally have it. little did you know, i'm actually superman and i can f*cking fly.."
now tell me they'll say the same.

unless one of you is really quick and beats the other to it, there's going to be violence
hug your local pug dealer!
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Neither. I believe that all that comes into one's head later on. And there's no-one in this world who is pure good or pure evil. Or just plain good or evil.
I dunno...I consider myself pure evil.
Theres no such thing as good or evil, those things are subject to interpretation.

Quote by darkstar2466

lol
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
we cant tell if we're evil or good from the moment we were BORN
we have to judge from later years...and from what we've done
Well I just put my cat in the microwave for 5 seconds for sh*tting on the rug, does that make me evil?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well I just put my cat in the microwave for 5 seconds for sh*tting on the rug, does that make me evil?
Are you fucking serious?
Quote by fender351
dude this should be in the religion forum

This has just as much to do with politics as it does with religion

Ever heard of John Locke and Thomas Hobbes?

Quote by Flying Couch
Are you fucking serious?

no...

...or am i?

no I'm not, I love animals

...or do I?
Quote by fender351
dude this should be in the religion forum

Morality is part of philosophy, just as religion is. Your statement implies that one would have to have a religion in order to be moral. Having said that, I am a moral nihilist, in that I see good or evil as irrelevant and arbitrary; I also believe that morality is both circumstantial and relative.
Being classified as good or evil isn't important, it's what you do with your life and how it affects others that's important. Actions speak louder than words.

I really have no idea why I said that. I believe it, but it seems irrelevant now that I look at it. Oh well. I don't care. I'm sleepy.
We are innately good. Good and evil are just relative, there is no real definition. People do things because they think it's right (not because society thinks so, but the person himself does)

Serial killers can love, mass rapists have hearts. They just suck at life.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
We are innately good. Good and evil are just relative, there is no real definition. People do things because they think it's right (not because society thinks so, but the person himself does)

Serial killers can love, mass rapists have hearts. They just suck at life.

agreed
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by i bleed metal
Being classified as good or evil isn't important, it's what you do with your life and how it affects others that's important. Actions speak louder than words.

I really have no idea why I said that. I believe it, but it seems irrelevant now that I look at it. Oh well. I don't care. I'm sleepy.

That's what I'm asking, if you think your actions are guided by something innately evil or good.

I mean, not considering religion or culture, are we naturally more inclined to be destructive or constructive?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Five seconds?

Is that long enough to hurt the cat?
We are all born neutral. It is our choices in life that influence our good/evil sides.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Five seconds?

Is that long enough to hurt the cat?

I don't know, I've never done it. But it is enough to warm up my krispy kreme donuts.

Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GxIuljT3w

Derren Brown will help answer this. Or question it. Whatever...just watch the vid!

Enzedit: If you're too lazy to, just read this article on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Page 1 of 2