I can pull of pinch harmonics perfect everytime. What I'm concerned about is how fast I can change from regular picking to it. To get the pick in position for it, I have to push with my middle finger a little. Its not slow, but I can't flow right into a pinch harmonic, such as in Pawn Shop by Sublime. Should I just do it as fast as a can, or change how I pick/transfer the pick?
practice, you get used to it and it becomes second nature.
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~

"Idiot"
Play/make up some songs where you have to change between normal picking and pinch harmonics quickly and you'll develop a picking position where you can do both without changing at all. Also, you'll probably learn how to do pinch harmonics on the upstroke, which isn't easy :P
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I found 'choking up' on the pick really helps, so less of the pick is exposed. That way, it's simply changing the angle of the stroke so the thumb hits the string at the same time. Other than that, lots of practise.
Quote by scawti
I found 'choking up' on the pick really helps, so less of the pick is exposed. That way, it's simply changing the angle of the stroke so the thumb hits the string at the same time. Other than that, lots of practise.

that help pretty good, thats how i can easily switch from a pinch to normal pickin. it may sound dumb or like it won't work, but it usually does.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.