Alright, so I recently joined a new band and my other band has a new drummer now and taking my 4x12 over to other people's house is getting to be a hassle and my Vox can't get over the drummers I play with cause they hit their drums insanely loud. I also can't stand to play one of the other guitarist's Spider II or MG halfstack anymore cause they sound like crap.

I've been looking into a few 2x12s lately and I was wondering what your guy's thoughts are on these. If you have anything else you'd like to suggest, I want to keep it $350 or below, I'd like to get a Vader, but I don't want to spend that much as it'll only be used for practice.

Marshall JCM800 1936 (G12T-75s) - $250
Genz-Benz G-Flex (Not sure on speakers? ) - $250
Avatar Traditional 2x12 (Vintage 30s) - $300 (new)

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

Thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the avatar is the best of those. IMO
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
You could probably get away with a 1x12 for practice. Less weight and money. I'd say look into it at least.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I think you should go with the Genz Benz. It's easily the best of those three. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up taking the place of your 4x12 as your regular cab.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I think you should go with the Genz Benz. It's easily the best of those three. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up taking the place of your 4x12 as your regular cab.

Really? Interesting. I've heard it's good, but I just can't get over how weird it looks compared to a regular 2x12! But I mean at $250, that's a pretty good deal I'd think, maybe I can talk him down to $200...

What do guys think about the Mesa 1x12 EV-12L Thiele? I've been looking for one of these locally for quite some time, but the only one I've found was packaged with a Mark IV head and he wouldn't sell them seperately The guy I bought my Mark IV says it's "THE cab to own with a Mark IV. They match up to the Mark IV like beer and hot dogs on the 4th of July."
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I would go with the Genz-Benz as well. If you get it for $250 and wind up not liking it, you can sell it for probably $350-$450. Throw some better speakers in it and it's a great cab.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Habe you looked into Lopo Line and Port City?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Habe you looked into Lopo Line and Port City?

Port City's are really expensive. $450 unloaded.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Port City's are really expensive. $450 unloaded.

Oh, now I noticed that he's looking for cheaper cabs...
The G-Flex is probably better built than the other two.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You may be able to get a Framus CS 212 used. It has Vintage 30's in it. New is about £220 I think so thats like $450 USD new, as a guess $300-$350 used?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
You may be able to get a Framus CS 212 used. It has Vintage 30's in it. New is about £220 I think so thats like $450 USD new, as a guess $300-$350 used?

Framus stuff is more expensive in America.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Framus stuff is more expensive in America.

Oh yeh. Sorry I forgot about the whole thing with certain brands more expensive in certain countries.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Oh yeh. Sorry I forgot about the whole thing with certain brands more expensive in certain countries.

Haha yeah, I'd deffinately buy a Framus cab for that cheap
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd advise a 1x12" too. For practice, it's fine. You can get a used Lopo for $100 or so, and a speaker from Warehouse Speakers for $50.

Unless the Mark IV is more than 50 watts. If it is...hmm, I guess you would need a 2x12".
You could get a Krank 1x12 for the mini revolution. 120watts power handling and a single eminence legend speaker.

I prefer 2x12s, still then I prefer 4x12's. The more speakers, the more stereo of a sound you have.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
What Vox do you have? Anyway, just tell the drummer to play quieter. You don't need to hit them super loud all the time, and if they do, the sound technician at gigs will wring their neck.
Quote by MESAexplorer
You could get a Krank 1x12 for the mini revolution. 120watts power handling and a single eminence legend speaker.

I prefer 2x12s, still then I prefer 4x12's. The more speakers, the more stereo of a sound you have.

Oh man I totally forgot about the Rev Jr cab, that's actually a good idea. It would match my head kinda since it's in a road case, and has a Legend, just what I want!

Quote by stuey22
What Vox do you have? Anyway, just tell the drummer to play quieter. You don't need to hit them super loud all the time, and if they do, the sound technician at gigs will wring their neck.

I have a AD30VT. I've told them to play quieter but they're just used to beating the hell out of their drums that they start low in volume then it somehow grows until it's back to what it was before haha.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thoughts on the Rev Jr cab?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Thoughts on the Rev Jr cab?

Krank cabs are solid wood, not plywood. Eminence legends > V30's.

The best tone I've found is combining both the Legends and V30s.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Yeah I really like their 4x12s.

I think I might just go for it, I mean $200 for a nice, solid, light weight and small cab, you can't really go wrong there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah I really like their 4x12s.

I think I might just go for it, I mean $200 for a nice, solid, light weight and small cab, you can't really go wrong there.

For what you want, i guess it would suit you but I really don't put a hard one on for something with less than 2 speakers. Not enough stereo for me.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
For what you want, i guess it would suit you but I really don't put a hard one on for something with less than 2 speakers. Not enough stereo for me.

Haha, I know what you mean. The guy that was selling the G-Flex said he needed to sell it by today or he'd have to take it to a music shop and sell it but I was too busy today to get it
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
dont be a pussy. grow a pair and carry that 4x12 around like a man!!!! j/k lol....... but seriously mix v30's (like in your 1960) with c90's (mesa black shadow).. its amazing.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11
dont be a pussy. grow a pair and carry that 4x12 around like a man!!!! j/k lol....... but seriously mix v30's (like in your 1960) with c90's (mesa black shadow).. its amazing.

Actually, my 1960 has G12T75s
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd recommend Genz Benz G-Flex 2 x 12s. They sound awesome! Lots of low-end bass! I've got a pair of g-flex 2 x 12s for sale. Message me if you are interested.
My Music:

My Photography:
Quote by mmcdonald2k
I'd recommend Genz Benz G-Flex 2 x 12s. They sound awesome! Lots of low-end bass! I've got a pair of g-flex 2 x 12s for sale. Message me if you are interested.

WTF dude... seriously?

GTFO.

Reported once again.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com