ok so I got this 7 string guitar yesterday, the schecter demon 7. It has active duncan designed hb-105 pickups but the problem is that clean they sound great but when i add distortion it is very muddy. Its so muddy/bad that the stock pickups on my ibanez grg 170dx sound clearer then it! Now before anyone says change the batteries i have done so twice with unused new batteries and it has made no effect. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve the problem? I would appreciate it

heres a link to the guitar http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_demon_7_sbk.htm

Btw ive tried lowering and raising the height of the pickups and that has not helped very much
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
do you have a ****ty amp?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Pretty much yeah i rely on a zoom g2.1 for distortion
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Id say a new amp. Or at least a better distortion pedal. I cant think of any active pickups for a 7-string.
Quote by Unforgotten
thats most likely your problem, unless your pickups are stuffed, i have active duncans to they work fine

yeah I thought that that might be the problem too - thanks for the feedback - I could just buy a new amp but what i've decided to do is return the schecter demon and get an omen 7 string which has passive pickups - its cheaper so i still have money left over to save up for a new amp and eventually upgrade the pickups to actives, plus i've heard that the pickups on the omen arent too bad either
Quote by thegreensquall