http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5KDyvlG3Q

What do you guys think of this new way of teaching math? I think it's much harder. Base 10 accomplishes the same thing without all the mucking around in Base 8.

(Also, can anyone tell me what he says at 25 seconds to 27 seconds? 'As they say in the' what?)

Thanks.
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.

wow
i actually laughed at a video that was linked in the pit
good job
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.

I must like maths too much if I start laughing at maths jokes...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

What was wrong with the first way. Why all this base 10 and 8 ****
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
What was wrong with the first way. Why all this base 10 and 8 ****

Base 10 is most commonly used these days.

I learnt using the 2nd method of subtraction in the video. It's the simplest way in my eyes. Its funny how different people add, subtract and multiply differently. I only noticed it when I started college. I was the one who used the easiest and most convenient method of multiplication in my class.
And of course no-one can long divide, unless it involves polynomials.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Base 10 is most commonly used these days.

I learnt using the 2nd method of subtraction in the video. It's the simplest way in my eyes. Its funny how different people add, subtract and multiply differently. I only noticed it when I started college. I was the one who used the easiest and most convenient method of multiplication in my class.
And of course no-one can long divide, unless it involves polynomials.

I use the first one. Quickest and easiest.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
When he started to sing I got a little confused.
Indie Rock in Spanish. Good idea or not? intelligent feed back would be appreciated.
I didn't get it at all. I remember learning how to subtract, it wasn't that hard and we didn't much explanation. What's with all of these different techniques?