Poll: Should spanking be considered child abuse?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should spanking be considered child abuse?
Yes
46 16%
No
245 84%
Voters: 291.
Page 1 of 6
I searched it, nothing of relevance came up. Earlier this week in my health class in school, we went over child abuse, and spanking was brought up, and we all had a heated discussion over whether this form of punishment should be considered abuse. I want to know what people in the pit think about this. But keep in mind the definition of physical child abuse. "There must be marks, bruises, cuts to be considered child abuse." Do you think that this law should be changed? Or do you think that the law right now is good? If you spank the child and leave no mark, should that still be considered child abuse?

Discuss.

EDIT: I decided to add a poll.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Feb 9, 2008,
I love spanking my girlfriend
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
yes its assult if i went up and slapped some random chick in the ass...
(not sexually)
but possible
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Yes, the law needs to be changed to remove any potential loopholes. No, spanking is not child abuse.
White people, please start beating your kids.

Russell Peters anyone?
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
While watching Scooby Doo

Velma- Jinkies, I lost my glasses
Me- Oh they're right here (while furiously masturbating)

HITTING YOUR KIDS=GOOD PARENTING

EDIT:
Quote by 70x7
White people, please start beating your kids.

Russell Peters anyone?

+1
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by Flying Couch
Yes, the law needs to be changed to remove any potential loopholes. No, spanking is not child abuse.

Second
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
yes its assult if i went up and slapped some random chick in the ass...
(not sexually)
but possible

It isn't a random person you're spanking. If your child has disobeyed you, and you spanked once or twice, is that assult?
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by swordsrkewl
NO! Parents today are to soft on their kids. Look at all the faggots running around now and ****ing up the world. IF their parents were harder on them then they'd be fine.

HITTING YOUR KIDS=GOOD PARENTING

Nicely said. Except you shouldn't hit your kids for no reason.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
No, it's NOT child abuse. It gives no lasting harm to a child, and provides a quick and effective lesson. All this crap about it being abusive, or teaching children that violence is acceptable is wrong. I was smacked as a kid (as we call it here), and I've turned out fine. I learnt my damn lesson, and no damned emotional scars.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Nicely said. Except you shouldn't hit your kids for no reason.

Obviously.....
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Spanking is good for discipline. As long as it's not excessive.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
My dad did it to me when I was a child. Seriously, it straightened me out; it taught me right from wrong. Not exactly the best way to do it but I'm definitely much different from other teens, in the good.

I'm way for spanking children.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Please, getting spanked is virtually painless. But dropping cinder blocks from 2 stories up onto your childs head, that may be pushing it.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
No, it's NOT child abuse. It gives no lasting harm to a child, and provides a quick and effective lesson. All this crap about it being abusive, or teaching children that violence is acceptable is wrong. I was smacked as a kid (as we call it here), and I've turned out fine. I learnt my damn lesson, and no damned emotional scars.

I feel that way as well, but kids at my school, my teacher included, feel that any physical harm AT ALL should not be tolerated and the parent should be charged with child abuse. In fact, the majority of my class feels that way.
Follow me on Twitter
I love beating children... The little ****ers... I even have "BEAT KIDS" Tattooed across my knuckles... I can't wait to be a father...
It should only be considered abuse if the child is emotionally or physically damaged to a certain extent. But then the question of where to draw the line between abuse and simple punishment is brought up.

Personally, I would never spank my children. However, I was a victim of the notorious wooden spoon spankings when I was younger.
Color
is
subjective.
Quote by brandon369852
I feel that way as well, but kids at my school, my teacher included, feel that any physical harm AT ALL should not be tolerated and the parent should be charged with child abuse. In fact, the majority of my class feels that way.
I weep.

Smack them. [j/k]
i was beaten with a stick when i was bad. i would have perferred a spanking. my grandfather made my dad cut trees to get a stick when he was bad. the skinny ones hurt the most so if the stick was too big he would get beaten with that and then forced to get another skinnier stick.

If only they still did things like that, the world would be a better place...aha
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Well apart from the sexual fetish.
A law was passed recently in NZ that could put anyone to jail if they so much as lightly smacked their kids ass (or anywhere for that matter.) There was this guy who gave one of his kids a bit of a cuff around the ear, got seen, reported and charged. I think he got a fine or something, but it's one pretty depressing law...
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by The Con
It should only be considered abuse if the child is emotionally or physically damaged to a certain extent. But then the question of where to draw the line between abuse and simple punishment is brought up.

That's probably the toughest question about the whole debate. Where do you draw the line?
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Draken
Well apart from the sexual fetish.

I don't consider that a problem

Quote by The Con

Personally, I would never spank my children. However, I was a victim of the notorious wooden spoon spankings when I was younger.

It can be a bit difficult to draw a line, but only if you're a happy-slapping moron. When a child plays up despite being given requests to stop, and then a warning, you pull their trousers down, hit them once on bare skin of the ass, pull their trousers back up and leave them smarting. Lashing out or hitting off the cuff could be considered abuse, but when a child has been told their behaviour is wrong and persist in doing it, one or two smacks does the trick.

-Matthew Arnold

Last edited by Dinkydaisy at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by brandon369852
That's probably the toughest question about the whole debate. Where do you draw the line?

Bruises and/or large cuts all over the body is simply unacceptable, and I consider that abuse. A quick, gentle spanking goes a long way. I'd say that as long as the kid has virtually no marks on his or her body, they were fairly punished.
Color
is
subjective.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

+1.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by The Con
Bruises and/or large cuts all over the body is simply unacceptable, and I consider that abuse. A quick, gentle spanking goes a long way. I'd say that as long as the kid has virtually no marks on his or her body, they were fairly punished.

So can I beat a kid with a hose filled with lead?

It doesn't leave bruises or marks.

(I'm messing with you, I know what you mean.)
No it shouldn't but it should be considered molestation.

Touching a childs bottom. Whats wrong with people these days?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by brandon369852
It isn't a random person you're spanking. If your child has disobeyed you, and you spanked once or twice, is that assult?

okay so if my good freind decides to do something stuipid i can his him once or twice to tach him to be smart.
its still a person.
I know them well and its suposedly "for teaching them a good lesson"
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by The Con

But if it doesn't leave marks, but a child gets spanked on a nightly basis, what if that punishment leads him to think that hitting at school is okay because he's so used to it?
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by RizzoWashburn
No it shouldn't but it should be considered molestation.

Touching a childs bottom. Whats wrong with people these days?

Only if you're one of the sick fucks who consider a child's backside an erogenous zone

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Mr.Cuddles
okay so if my good freind decides to do something stuipid i can his him once or twice to tach him to be smart.
its still a person.
I know them well and its suposedly "for teaching them a good lesson"

They're not a young child that you are responsible for.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Only if you're one of the sick fucks who consider a child's backside an erogenous zone

Wellllllll.........
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Spanking children because they've done real wrong is good parenting... As long as you're not doing it in excess (eg beating 'em over the head with large, heavy, inanimate objects).
Spanking helps teach the child not to do bad behaviors. A parent needs to know that spanking a four year old and spanking a ten year old are two different things... It'd be just plain silly to spank a ten year old with the same force as you would a four year old. And it'd be wrong to spank a four year old with the same force as you would a ten year old. It depends on who the kid is as an individual.

I was spanked loads as a kid, and therefore, I've also got a moral sense of right and wrong that I tend to follow, unlike many other teens I know. I know other spankees have grown up to be great people... And I know people who've never been spanked in their life to be great people. Again, it depends on the individual, honestly.

Now, just spanking/beating them for no real good reason is just plain old child abuse...

EDIT: And some of you are just sick ****s, you know that?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by brandon369852
They're not a young child that you are responsible for.

but i should look out for my friends shouldn't I? or is that being a bad friend.
plenty of kids dont get beat and turn out fine. I know some that did get beat and now theyer kinda weird(like really badly beat)

Quote by MusicalMinority
Spanking children because they've done real wrong is good parenting... As long as you're not doing it in excess (eg beating 'em over the head with large, heavy, inanimate objects).
Spanking helps teach the child not to do bad behaviors. A parent needs to know that spanking a four year old and spanking a ten year old are two different things... It'd be just plain silly to spank a ten year old with the same force as you would a four year old. And it'd be wrong to spank a four year old with the same force as you would a ten year old. It depends on who the kid is as an individual.

I was spanked loads as a kid, and therefore, I've also got a moral sense of right and wrong that I tend to follow, unlike many other teens I know. I know other spankees have grown up to be great people... And I know people who've never been spanked in their life to be great people. Again, it depends on the individual, honestly.

Now, just spanking/beating them for no real good reason is just plain old child abuse...

EDIT: And some of you are just sick ****s, you know that?

I wasn't beaten alot as a child(i was hit but not always sometimes i was grounded)
and i turned out alot better than most people I know.
ALOT BETTER
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Feb 9, 2008,