If you find yourself reading this, then you may be sensing a tweaking of the senses and an opening to life's mystery. Many commentators have called it an emerging new world view, or a period of uncertainy and searching in human affairs. But I believe what we're intuiting goes much deeper than any of these labels. It goes to the heart of how we think about the history of the cosmos and of who we are as human beings. It is nothing less than the discovery of another way of pursuing life that is decidingly spiritual, but yet is not antiscience or antievolution, or dependant upon any one religious tradition for that matter. It entails a shift in our direct everyday experience of the transcendent, as experience, quite apart from whatever tradition we come from. What is occurring now is more of an awakening, a natural filling out of our innate potential, the unused parts of our brain, the rest of our DNA that's been waiting to fire off. All happening quite spontaneously as a natural consequence of every discovery in human searching that has taken place in the eons that have come before us. Our 'ah ha' today falls in the same line of discovery that began with the jolting observation, long ago, that our tribal mates were actually dying, which meant we were going to die as well, which first lifted us out of our primeval sleep. Our ability to stay awake expanded even more when we unleashed our reflective power on the sides of caves, initiating the first artistic reflection on our world. And this awareness began to be instituted fully with the sense of courageous objectivity we achieved when we finally invented science. All these steps perked us up a bit more to the real human condition that we most want to repress: THE FACT THAT WE FIND OURSELVES HERE IN LIFE WITH NO REAL CERTAINTY AS TO WHY. It's this more awakened state that fuels the current exploration of spiritual consciousness. We are asking the same age-old questions. Why are we here? Where are we going? How are my actions part of all this? The only difference is that now there are more of us asking. And the answers are finally arriving. Greatest of all is that because of all the searching before us, these answers are less abstract, more connected to our real lives. We can prove them to ourselves. We're here to experience and become part of what I thnk of as a mystical 'evolutionary flow' that will finish the whole evolution of the cosmos, of life, and of human culture in a way that was always inevitable. But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I?

It's almost a direct quote from the book The Celestine Prophecy, by James Redfield.

Which is about human society having a sort of transformation in recent years to come.

What do you guys think, if you spent the valuable time reading it all through?
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
I'm going to go ahead and assume that I know everything you just wrote and say, I think that is cool
It's well written, and has deep content. Something I've been thinking of for a while. It's interesting pondering about how there's something deeper to us as a species that has yet to be activated/awakened, and I CERTAINLY agree with the last bit about more and more of us becoming more aware and curious for answers to the mystery of life.

As each generation passes, more and more children question themselves, their morality, their religion. Think about how many children today consider themselves atheist as compared to the children a hundred or so years ago who simply accepted most of what they were told.

edit:
Children can refer to teenagers and young adults as well.
That was just a smack in the face with a brick of pretentiousness and unoriginality, to be honest.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Your title is misleading, this isn't necessarily psychology, which is the study of the inner workings of the human brain, more like anthropology which is the study of human cultures and beliefs
Quote by Dinkydaisy
That was just a smack in the face with a brick of pretentiousness and unoriginality, to be honest.

You say that about everything.
Quote by Archaon
You say that about everything.

Not everything.

In fact

Can you give me some examples of things I've said that about?

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Not everything.

In fact

Can you give me some examples of things I've said that about?

lol, I was actually expecting you to bitch me out for that like the other time I said something you disagreed with.

I lied. You may not call everything pretentious, but you have strict sense of criticism.
Been watching X-men have we?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Archaon
lol, I was actually expecting you to bitch me out for that like the other time I said something you disagreed with.

I lied. You may not call everything pretentious, but you have strict sense of criticism.

I was probably menstruating that time <3

I only have a strict sense of criticism because I think everything I don't consider awesome tries too hard and ends up being pretentious and unoriginal.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
I only have a strict sense of criticism because I think everything I don't consider awesome tries too hard and ends up being pretentious and unoriginal.

Yeah, I do it occasionally too, but mostly just when it's high school kids that post something they just learned in their Intro. to Philosophy class and try and act smart.