Hey guys! I've really been wanting to get into fingerpicking and such music for a while now, but I've only learned a few songs and I'm not satisfied. I'm already in the process of learning Classical Gas. Is there any other good artists I should check out in that difficulty level? I don't really care what style it is, whether it's folk or classical. Tommy Emmanuel is amazing
thanks!
Some1 i know found a fingerpicking tab for Canon Rock in D. The way he played it, id say that its not easy.
You should check out some of John Butler's stuff if you haven't already. He's got some good fingerpicking tunes. "Ocean" is one of my favorites. It's in open c though.
dust in the wind by kansas, at least thats what I'm trying to get down.
Losing You by John Butler is what got me amazing at fingerpicking.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Dee by Ozzy Osbourne (Randy Rhoads, actually), but it's more classical-sounding. I dunno if you like that stuff, but it sound real nice.
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
Behind blue eyes by limpbizkit Its really good ......... its not all finger picking but eh Its still cool :P
FANTASY , EVERYBODY HAS ONE
Quote by teh GoOs3
Dee by Ozzy Osbourne (Randy Rhoads, actually), but it's more classical-sounding. I dunno if you like that stuff, but it sound real nice.

+1
Clap by Yes
Mood For A Day by Yes

try some Mississippi John Hurt for some really good fingerpicking exercise!

and Michael Hedges and then Pierre Bensusan - they use a lot of tunings. Then you're going down the John Renbourn route...
Quote by Blue-toxic
Behind blue eyes by limpbizkit Its really good ......... its not all finger picking but eh Its still cool :P

It's by the who. bizkit did a whiney over-dramatic cover filled with failure.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Quote by kyurah
It's by the who. bizkit did a whiney over-dramatic cover filled with failure.

+1.

Tommy Emmanuel - Freight Train
Check out the intro to Crazy on You by Heart. Id rate it roughly the same difficulty level as Classical Gas.
"Vincent" by Don McLean is at about the same level as Classical Gas.
When we are touched by a song, it is because the artist cannot hide himself. ~Leonard Cohen
Silent Lucidity-Queensryche
Hey there Delilah-Plain White T's
More than Words-Extreme

I know those songs aren't true fingerpicking songs but hey I'll give you some variety...
Quote by qotsa1998
Some1 i know found a fingerpicking tab for Canon Rock in D. The way he played it, id say that its not easy.

You mean the ORIGINAL guitar arrangement

It's not that hard...
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Tesla's Love Song... the intro is finger picked, then the song picks up on electric. This is the first song I learned that had some finger picking in it.