If I use a line selector to run two epiphone valve juniors at once, will it be loud enough to practice with a band and play small gigs? I know 5 watts tube isn't very loud, but I know two amps would be louder than one.
Also, would the extension cabinet make it loud enough? Epiphone's web site (here's the cab ) says the cab is rated at 70 watts, but I know that doesn't really apply to the head.

Will it work? Or does anyone have any recommendations for good tube amps under $400?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
nah its not a stupid question. Two amps wouldnt be louder, just spread the sound out more. Same thing with a cab. If you get it make sure to mic it. And check out the crate palomino.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by stradivari310
If I use a line selector to run two epiphone valve juniors at once, will it be loud enough to practice with a band and play small gigs? I know 5 watts tube isn't very loud, but I know two amps would be louder than one.
Also, would the extension cabinet make it loud enough? Epiphone's web site (here's the cab ) says the cab is rated at 70 watts, but I know that doesn't really apply to the head.

Will it work? Or does anyone have any recommendations for good tube amps under $400?

Yes it will be louder... If you added another amp and another speaker...
Example: one amp with one 12 loud, 2 amps with 2 x 12's louder
Although tube amps are louder than solid state, I'd say your better option is to mic the amp and run it through a pa.
Guitars are like my babies... except without that useless baby meat...
yeah.. I don't have a PA
So basically I was planning on buying either two of the combos or the head and the cabinet. The cabinet seems big enough, but I guess not.

Anyway, I was looking at the palomino as well. I'll definitely consider buying that.

EDIT: I can get the palomino 2x12 off of ebay for less than $300? Wow.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by stradivari310 at Feb 9, 2008,
*bump*

So I guess the Palomino is an option..

But basically I don't mind having to mic the amp for gigs, but will two VJ combos together be enough to practice with a moderately loud band?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I would just get a louder amp, as this is not what the EVJ is made for. A 15 watt tube is decent, or you could probably get a 30-40 watt tube used.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Yea, two amps will not be louder, it will just spread the sound around more efficiently due to more air being moved by more speakers. I would just get a larger combo if i were u. 15-40 watts will do fine for what ur doing. How do u like your Artcore btw? I love mine, mines transparent cherry.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yes it will be louder... If you added another amp and another speaker...
Example: one amp with one 12 loud, 2 amps with 2 x 12's louder

It may move more air. But it might not necessarily be louder.
Quote by a_hub10
Yea, two amps will not be louder, it will just spread the sound around more efficiently due to more air being moved by more speakers. I would just get a larger combo if i were u. 15-40 watts will do fine for what ur doing. How do u like your Artcore btw? I love mine, mines transparent cherry.

Yeah, I've got the AS73B in black with uncovered pickups. I absolutely love it... it totally blows away the Dot.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣