Hey peeps,

I'm currently looking out for a used hybrid amp from my place (Singapore) and a few people have offered me stuff like Marshall AVT20 & AVT 50, Crate GT-80D, Art Attack Module T12, no vox yet though... I'm trying to hold out for a vox, but i'm just wondering if i'm making the wrong move..

I want the bb king and jimi hendrix tone out of my highway 1 strat.. Any suggestions?

Here are the price ranges, converted back to USD, try not to directly compare with your prices as shipping needs to be included .

Marshall AVT 20: US186
Marshall AVT 50: US207
Crate GT-80D DSP: US138
Art Attack Module T12: US172
Ibanez Valbee: US152

P.S any reason why the differences in price of the AVT 20 and AVT 50 are this close? Enlighten me please!

Thanks for reading! All suggestions are welcome!
I've heard alot of bad things about the AVT's

If your looking at Valvestates go with something like a Marshall VS100 Or Randall

But i would still pick a tube amp over them any day of the week...
why hybrid? and get the vox if you have to have a hyrbrid. otherwise i'd say get a fender blues junior
Yup, well i would if i had the cash

Yeap, so dun go for the avts at all? my budget is currently 240 USD... I already have a VS route 66 pedal for compressor..

I dun think theres anyone selling a Randall or the VS100 atm..

Why hybrid? cos i consider it a step-up from my current practice ss amp..

Thanks for replying!
Hey someone just offered me a VOX AD50VT for 240USD, wondering if its a good buy... any suggestions?
Quote by Bobsterrr
Yup, well i would if i had the cash

Yeap, so dun go for the avts at all? my budget is currently 240 USD... I already have a VS route 66 pedal for compressor..

I dun think theres anyone selling a Randall or the VS100 atm..

Why hybrid? cos i consider it a step-up from my current practice ss amp..

Thanks for replying!

Hybrid makes no overall difference to your tone. If it sounds good, it's because the SS cicuitry sounds good, the tube in the amp does NOTHING.
Ohh okayy.. so i shouldnt just be looking out for them then.. so would the Vox AD50VT be a good buy?
^ Agreed, especially in a country like Singapore where amps may be at a premium price.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by dsubstanceuk
No. Try and get a good valve amplifier.

What's your budget, styles, genres etc?

Hey, well i wrote it up top, USD 240, blues and a bit of classic rock.. i'm trying to buy stuff 2nd hand, any suggestions? A guy just offered me the Vox AD50VT for 240USD, will post a pic here asap..
Quote by beckyjc
Yes the AD50VT is a good buy if you need a gigging amp, thats versatile has built in effects for not much money.

Alright, but i've heard of problems with its reliability, are they proven? Cos theres no warranty for the amp..
Quote by MrCarrot
^ Agreed, especially in a country like Singapore where amps may be at a premium price.

Haha then i guess 240 USD is a good price? It is retailed first hand here for 415 USD.
240USD is a pretty good price I guess. That's cheaper than they are in the UK new for sure. See if you can play before buying though, it might be broken or something.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Alright, thanks guys, i'll try to get the pics up asap...

Vox AD50VT, here i come!
Yeah the vox's are the best hybrids. The Vox XL's are my favorite because of the high gain channels. But I bet over there you got some very great tube amps. Even some that aren't that popular but may sound very good. Handmade kinda stuff.
Haha, well mesa seems sought after here, as well as blackheart..

A few vintage models are popping up here and there, but well, thats it, shipping is a hell of a problem
I own a vox ad50vt 2x12 and I love it. Somebody said that its just a gimmick and the tube doesn't do anything? I beg to differ. Compared to a full solid state amp, there is a huge difference as some people have been fooled thinking I'm playing an all tube amp.
Can you get Peavey Transtube Series at a reasonable price, or Roland Cubes?
Quote by uldhppi
Can you get Peavey Transtube Series at a reasonable price, or Roland Cubes?

Well i considered Rolan before, but it seems too heavy for me.. I haven seen the transtube in a while.. so yeap..
Quote by rockabilly1955
I own a vox ad50vt 2x12 and I love it. Somebody said that its just a gimmick and the tube doesn't do anything? I beg to differ. Compared to a full solid state amp, there is a huge difference as some people have been fooled thinking I'm playing an all tube amp.

Thanks, now i know i'm making the right choice! haha