K so I've recently joined a new band and I just can't seem to here myself over the rest of the members because all I have is a ****ty VOX valvetronic amp. Now I love having lots of gain and distortion so I need an amp thet can pull this off. First thing is that i'm not really a fan of overdrive kind of distrotion (like Zakk Wylde) but I love the sound of say Dimebags sound where it's tight, almost completely noiseless, and can make pinch harmonics with ease. I was thinking either a Randall V2 or a Krankenstein, do u guys have any suggetions?
Member of the "...Still waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club.

Founder of the "ZAKK Wylde" club

pm me to join
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

your best choice for around that price range give or take 150$ or so.

its pretty colossall amp, great distortion channel and very loud.

i had a ****ty vox to lol and i switched to this after looking around and asking for a while.

oh might wanna think about getting a gate or noise suppressor to.
you want to sound like Dime, go with what Dime had, either Krank, or Randall Warhead. My preference would be the Warhead. If you can find one.
Well I don't really have a set budget right now but I plan on working some more soon and I already have about $1000 saved so lets say the budget is around $1500-$2000 give or take. Answering to Azrael I do have a noise suppreser right now and it's the BOSS NS-2.

pm me to join
Well I don't want a "Dime" tone I was just reffering to the sound. I want something that has a tight sound, good distortion/gain sounds like early metallica, pantera, Lamb of God, or a modern gain sound.

pm me to join
Ok what if I put my budget at $2500- $2750

pm me to join
Quote by DIMEinOURheart
Well I don't want a "Dime" tone I was just reffering to the sound. I want something that has a tight sound, good distortion/gain sounds like early metallica, pantera, Lamb of God, or a modern gain sound.

Well two of those bands use's mesa's so i would say go that route. Mark 4 would be a good option..
Well, you don't have to use the exact amps Dime used to get close to his sound.You can pick up a used Warhead for well under a $1000. I wouldn't recommend a Krankenstein (from the little I have heard in person). They are good amps but way overpriced. You'd be better off getting something from VHT or Engl if you're looking at spending $1500+.
Last edited by stigma15 at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by DIMEinOURheart
Ok what if I put my budget at $2500- $2750

Location?

EDIT: Mesa Mark IV or Roadster comes to mind.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Mark 4 heads run you about 1300-1500 Used. Then with the cab your looking to be right at 2 grand...

So 2 grand gets you a amp and cab... Unless you go with a combo then your looking at about $750 - $1000..
I live in Canada but the dollar is close to the same as the american dollar.

pm me to join
Quote by DIMEinOURheart
I live in Canada but the dollar is close to the same as the american dollar.

Well, yeah, but doesn't Mesa stuff cost alot more in Canada?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Well, yeah, but doesn't Mesa stuff cost alot more in Canada?

I don't think so. But anyways I would also being using this guitar in my house so it would probably be a combo.

pm me to join