Hey, I was just wondering if their were any like advantages to placing my guitar in any position by adjusting the strap. Some guitarists seem to have their guitar far above their waste (like Tom Morello) , some way below and some in the middle. What do u guys recommend? What would be a good spot for fast palm muting (like SOAD).
its all personal preference. i like it right in the middle. palm mutimg works everywhere but is probably more comfortable with the guitar lower.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Sit down with your guitar in the classical position (resting between your legs) and tighten the strap until you can't tighten it anymore without moving the guitar. Now stand up.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Whatever is most comfortable to you to do what you need to do. I just wouldn't go into a guitar spin if it sits just under your chin.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
Whatever is most comfortable to you to do what you need to do. I just wouldn't go into a guitar spin if it sits just under your chin.

LOL!
for me the middle of the body is where my jeans end. maybe a tad lower
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
A lot of people tend to think lower is cooler, higher lamer...but I agree with everyone saying that its personal preference. Then again some guitarists think higher is more talented, lower is less. Just the other week I lowered my guitar for the first time in years and to my surprise, found it more comfortable. So IMO I really think it is what lets you play what you want to play in the most comfortable way and to hell with anyone who says different.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Well I'm not shure what most comfortable with my new Ibanez. Low is nice for pming, but on high notes, I like it higher.
So then somewhere inbetween.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."