I'm playing guitar right now, and i'm barefoot.
While playing for a while, i've been feeling like a little electrical charge on my fingers..

Is this normal?
are your feet on something metal?
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
hmm maybe your ground is messed up in your input jack.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
you're getting shocked through the strings through your fingers. ur feet has no contributions to this.

it's probably bad wiring on ur guitar, or the amp is not properly grounded.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You... might have super powers.

Go outside, try to zap a bird with lightning.
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
Quote by Roythebattousai

xD

Now seriously people, how can i fix this?
I think it's bad wiring on my guitar, but who knows...
Its a wiring issue with your amp. The guitar grounding does not ground against shocks form your amp, but rather against noise from the pickups (which there is a bit more to but doesn't have to do with this). Your amp isn't grounding correctly, which is extremely dangerous. Stop using it NOW and take it to a tech.
Quote by Roythebattousai

SWEET!
Quote by CJRocker
Its a wiring issue with your amp. The guitar grounding does not ground against shocks form your amp, but rather against noise from the pickups (which there is a bit more to but doesn't have to do with this). Your amp isn't grounding correctly, which is extremely dangerous. Stop using it NOW and take it to a tech.

Hmmm.. That would be difficult, but weell.. I'm gonna ask my guitar teacher for a second opinion, if i have to, I'll gather some money and take it to some tech..

Thanks dude

Quote by RockAddict311
SWEET!

DUUUUDE!
Quote by Andrusho
Hmmm.. That would be difficult, but weell.. I'm gonna ask my guitar teacher for a second opinion, if i have to, I'll gather some money and take it to some tech..

Thanks dude !

Thats cool, but ask a tech instead unless your guitar teacher knows his stuff, and don't use. I have heard of cases like this before and its the amp.
Your ground plug on your amp's power cable is broken off.

It's the same way with my Fender amp. I can't play it without shoes or else I get shocks to my fingers.

The hilarious part is the story to how I found out.

I was at a friend's house to play guitar, and he had never seen me play. we were in the basement and it was kind of dark.

I plugged everything up, as usual, and started playing.....

....but I was barefoot. He said that when I played lead, he could see the electricity arc between my fingers and the strings! He said it was the coolest thing he had ever seen!

I later found out that it was the plug causing it. It lessened the coolness of the story, but it's still funny if you ask me.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Andrusho
Hmm.... What can happen if i still use it?

I dunno, but I wouldn't play it during a thunderstorm.

I told my shop teacher and he said that since I would be the only thing grounded, the lightening would pass through me if it were to strike the electric system.

*gulp* I don't play during thunderstorms.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Andrusho
Hmm.... What can happen if i still use it?

You could end up across the room dead of electrocution. NEVER, EVER use a piece of electrical equipment if its not grounding right. Its there for a reason. More things than thunderstorms can cause issues. Sudden faults in the amp or house wiring, power surges of any kind, etc.
Quote by dudetheman
Your ground plug on your amp's power cable is broken off.

It's the same way with my Fender amp. I can't play it without shoes or else I get shocks to my fingers.

The hilarious part is the story to how I found out.

I was at a friend's house to play guitar, and he had never seen me play. we were in the basement and it was kind of dark.

I plugged everything up, as usual, and started playing.....

....but I was barefoot. He said that when I played lead, he could see the electricity arc between my fingers and the strings! He said it was the coolest thing he had ever seen!

I later found out that it was the plug causing it. It lessened the coolness of the story, but it's still funny if you ask me.

Sweeeeeeet
Quote by CJRocker
You could end up across the room dead of electrocution. NEVER, EVER use a piece of electrical equipment if its not grounding right. Its there for a reason. More things than thunderstorms can cause issues. Sudden faults in the amp or house wiring, power surges of any kind, etc.

Hmmm.. Well, i think i should fix it soon.. I don't wanna die, i'm too young!
Quote by Andrusho

Sweeeeeeet

Yeah, we've thought about doing it again and videotaping it for YouTube.

Sounds awesome, but it would hurt like hell.

(FYI, it hurts like hell to play a guitar that's using YOU for a ground)

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
Yeah, we've thought about doing it again and videotaping it for YouTube.

Sounds awesome, but it would hurt like hell.

(FYI, it hurts like hell to play a guitar that's using YOU for a ground)

I know... My fingertips still hurt