I'm buying a new guitar but i dont know which one to buy. I'm looking at either an Ibanez RG1820X RG Prestige or a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I have a spider III amp. Which one should i get?
Are you starting out? Ibanez's are perfect for people learning the ropes, and with a Spider III (horrible), I would go with the Ibanez because it's cheaper, you should save 2 grand for a good Mesa combo, there won't be a difference between the Giby or Iby if you don't have a good amp.
I'd go for the Ibanez personally, even though I'm not much of an Ibanez fan.

And don't listen to people who try to say you have a sh*t amp, if you like it, it's fine.
Try before you buy. Those are two totally different feeling, sounding guitars.

Ibanez has some ARX models that are Les Paulish. ART and ARC too.

I have an RGA121 and a xv700 LP clone. Both wonderful, but different too.
personally i'd go for the ibanez, i've heard nothing but bad news about the les paul studio
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by AngelOfHatred
I'd go for the Ibanez personally, even though I'm not much of an Ibanez fan.

And don't listen to people who try to say you have a sh*t amp, if you like it, it's fine.

No the Spider really is a sh!t amp, no doubt, any S.S. sounds better, the Spider goes for versatility and fails in tone, absolutely disgusting, with some really good pedals you can get a decent sound out of it.

But still the point is, a LP is higher quality and if you want to see a difference your going to HAVE to have a decent tube amp, no doubt about it.
Quote by DSchmitty
No the Spider really is a sh!t amp, no doubt, any S.S. sounds better, the Spider goes for versatility and fails in tone, absolutely disgusting, with some really good pedals you can get a decent sound out of it.

Then you could have just bought a better amp in the first place.
hmm i beg to differ w. most ppl here.

i believe studio is an excellent guitar infact i owned one a while ago. Also gibson will hold its value far better than the ibanez so if you ever wish to upgrade the door will be open.

just my 2c

btw i envy your status, im now being forced to sell not buy
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
what music do u play
Gibson= blues
Ibanez= metal
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by J.A.R.
what music do u play
Gibson= blues
Ibanez= metal

Shut up, seriously we don't need to have this talk again on these forums.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by J.A.R.
what music do u play
Gibson= blues
Ibanez= metal

you gotta be kidding.
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG