I'm not the most knowledgeable about amps so...I'm looking at the Fender Rumble combo amp (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-Series-100210-100-Watt-2x10-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=481138)

and am open to suggestions, for something around $400ish and the most important thing is to be able to punch through a drummer and two guitarists (using about the same level equipment that I'm looking at) in an auditorium with a capacity of 900 people, thanks. I know the Rumble Series isn't the best but basically is there anything decent in terms of volume and price.
It's a good amp, but that's not gonna cut it for your situation. Your guitarists have probably about 100w each and with the 3-4x wattage of the guitarists rule, you'll want 600-800w ideally. Of course this seems unreasonable for any practical purpose, but necessary for a large stadium like that. However, since it's a large venue, you'll probably be hooked up to a PA of some sort, which means you won't need as much power. To really be able to handle your own, with two guitarists, 400-500w should do, PA can take care of the audience.

It's a sad fate for us bassists, but our stuff is more expensive and we need more of it. As almost everybody on here will tell you, look into Carvin stuff. They only sell direct, so there's no "try before you buy," but most people can attest to a good tone.

Quote by exect4500
i don't think any bass amp is capable of punching through drums and guitars

Now you just don't know, do you?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by exect4500

What in God's name are you talking about?

Anyway, I'd recommend the FAQ, though I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that you need 4x the watts of the guitarist.
yeah, that's given they're playing at full volume though, right? thanks too for the advice.
However, since it's a large venue, you'll probably be hooked up to a PA of some sort, which means you won't need as much power. To really be able to handle your own, with two guitarists, 400-500w should do, PA can take care of the audience.

Even less than that would work as long as you got a good monitor.
Stage volume really shouldn't change much going to bigger venue. Everything goes through the PA and those mains are what will be louder.
Our guitarist is also a soundman and he has countless arguements with guitarists that figure they need to crank up more because it's a larger venue.
Get an amp that's loud enough for your practice sessions and that should work for most gigs.
just thought that i'd point out that i believe carvin has a sort of satisfaction garauntee and if you don't like it you can send it back as long as you do so relatively quickly.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by exect4500

...says the guitar player warping in from the forum home page.

*groan*

2 things are important - volume and the amount of air pushed. 1200W out of a 115 will sound much smaller than 1200W through an 810. Keep that in mind!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Besides Carvin, also check out Avatar Speakers (www.avatarspeakers.com). They're quite cheap ($400 for a 4x10), they get good reviews, and they have good service. I sent them an e-mail on a Saturday and got a response on Sunday afternoon. I just ordered their B212 Neo cabinet, so hopefully I'll get that next week and have more to say.
Don't do the Crate thing. I got a used crate amp head and it overheated. so it was on warranty and i took it in to be fixed. they said they did everything they could and i tried it again.... it overheated. it was a design flaw. not the fact that it was used. and that's from back when it was made in the U.S.A. i don't wanna know what their asian-made models are like. it did sound good though.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I guess you get what you pay for? (includes me when I do choose to buy something lol)