Page 1 of 2
Since I am returning my alexi-600, I am looking into the Jackson RR24.

Specs are:
Alder body, neck thru
compound radius fingerboard
3 piece maple neck
Ebony fingerboard
Bone nut
25.5 scale
sharkfin inlay
24 small wire frets
Gotoh tuners, non locking
Floyd rose tremolo
1 emg 81
1 volume control

Does anyone have any experience with this guitar? Is it worth the exta 200 bucks on top of the alexi-600? I heard jacksons are made in japan, does that mean the quality will be much better than the alexi-600?
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
DEFINALLY THE RR24

Far superior to the Alexi. Japan>Indonesia/Korea. Japans build quality is far superior like. And instead of a Emg HZ-4 you get a real emg
Quote by False_God
DEFINALLY THE RR24

Far superior the the Alexi. Japan>Indonesia/Korea. Japans build quality is far superior like.

You beat me to it and hit the nail on the head.
I suggest you try the RR24. Because just like the Alexi you ordered, it may not be to your liking.
Be cool.
Heres something interesting. I was looking at the specs on the jacksons website and there are some differences between what jacksons website says and musiciansfriend.

Jacksons site says the floyd rose is a double locking 2 point trem, so that means no bone nut right? It also says sealed die-cast tuners, does that mean no gotoh tuners? Jacksons site also says rock maple neck, is this better than just a maple neck?
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
hey man not to spam this up or anything, but if youre interested i have a jackson rr3 guitar for sale. if youre interested just pm me or ill look back on this thread.-chris
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
MF Stats are a bit screwed up. There is no bone nut, just a locking nut. They may or may not use Gotoh tuners, I can't remember. Jackson tuners are made by Gotoh though IIRC. Rock Maple is just a technical term for the maple used on most guitar necks and to denote it from Quarter Sawn maple, which is Rock Maple but with a special cut.
Quote by thedude051
I suggest you try the RR24. Because just like the Alexi you ordered, it may not be to your liking.

Well I am pretty disappointed in the quality of the alexi, are high-end jacksons like this usually good quality?
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by CJRocker
MF Stats are a bit screwed up. There is no bone nut, just a locking nut. They may or may not use Gotoh tuners, I can't remember. Jackson tuners are made by Gotoh though IIRC. Rock Maple is just a technical term for the maple used on most guitar necks and to denote it from Quarter Sawn maple, which is Rock Maple but with a special cut.

Ok thanks that cleared it up. Also, what is a compound radius fingerboard?
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by cbehrendt
Ok thanks that cleared it up. Also, what is a compound radius fingerboard?

Fretboard with a changing radius. Goes from 14" at the nut down to 16" at the end of the neck.
Quote by cbehrendt
Well I am pretty disappointed in the quality of the alexi, are high-end jacksons like this usually good quality?

Generally, yes they are. But I still highly recommend you try one before buying.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Generally, yes they are. But I still highly recommend you try one before buying.

I have no way to try one, I live in the middle of nowhere in Iowa.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by cbehrendt
I have no way to try one, I live in the middle of nowhere in Iowa.

Hmmm, well, I say go for it then. If its not what you want, you can always return it I guess. The RR24 is a well respected guitar. It is more close to Alexi's signature than his ESP because of the fact its basically what he used before switching to ESP. All its missing is the gold hardware and the 'Wildchild' sticker. So, to wrap things up, go for it.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Hmmm, well, I say go for it then. If its not what you want, you can always return it I guess. The RR24 is a well respected guitar. It is more close to Alexi's signature than his ESP because of the fact its basically what he used before switching to ESP. All its missing is the gold hardware and the 'Wildchild' sticker. So, to wrap things up, go for it.

Well I wasnt getting the alexi-600 just because it was Alexi Laiho's sig, I liked the way it looked and its specs. Not a big fan of gold hardware, and definatly not a fan of putting stickers on my guitars! I hate seeing nice guitars with stickers on them.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
The ONLY down point of the RR24 would be the MOTO Inlays, other than that, it is of amazing quality.
High as tits
what are MOTO inlays? Just cheap plastic or something?
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by False_God
DEFINALLY THE RR24

Far superior to the Alexi. Japan>Indonesia/Korea. Japans build quality is far superior like. And instead of a Emg HZ-4 you get a real emg

This guy said it.
Quote by cbehrendt
Well I wasnt getting the alexi-600 just because it was Alexi Laiho's sig, I liked the way it looked and its specs. Not a big fan of gold hardware, and definatly not a fan of putting stickers on my guitars! I hate seeing nice guitars with stickers on them.

No, I was just saying that the RR24 is basically Alexi's signature, just without the gold hardware and the 'WildChild' sticker like the one he had. I'm not saying you have to have those
Be cool.
Hah, I know dude, I was just stating my opinion on stickers on guitars.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by cbehrendt
Hah, I know dude, I was just stating my opinion on stickers on guitars.

Oh, alright . So what colour are you thinking of getting?
Be cool.
Snow white is the only RR24 that musiciansfriend has, looks pretty sweet to me though!
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Does anyone have any suggestions for a GOOD quality case for this guitar?
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by False_God
DEFINALLY THE RR24

Um the 600 has black outs not hz-4.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
Um the 600 has black outs not hz-4.

Well the 600 that I order 3 days ago and got in today had a hz-4 in it.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by cbehrendt
Well the 600 that I order 3 days ago and got in today had a hz-4 in it.

It was probably old stock, return it and get the 600 with blackouts.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho?sku=516782
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
MOTO = Mother of Toilet Seat

aka plastic
Ibanez RGA 121 PAF Pro/Evolution 2
Blackheart Little Giant
EH Nano Metal Muff
^... That doesn't even make MOTO. -.-

Anyways, RR24 is a brilliant guitar and made with decent craftmanship. I'd get it !
Quote by thedude051

Don't forget the Jackson J-50 BC.

Quote by edge11
It was probably old stock, return it and get the 600 with blackouts.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho?sku=516782

It was for sure old stock, and before I oredered I specifically asked them to make sure it had the blackout in it, they guaranteed me it did. I told them this and the guy on the phone told me that they dont even look inside the box before they ship.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
if you live near des moines the guitar center there had a kevin bond RR if you want to get a general idea of the feel of jackson rhoads syle thats neck thru. the alexi feels way different than the jackson rhoads. even my RR3 feels better balanced than the alexi 600. or if mason city is close to you they have a fender shop that has a few jacksons in it dont know if they got any RR's but its always worth a shot. also i think the pmc in des moines sales jacksons too.
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
LTD EX-260 White with black bevel
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Agile Ghost Pro 727 White
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500
Totally go for the RR24. Its a sweet guitar. The only problem I see with It is a problem with most non-USA jacksons: they don't have binding and use mother of toilet seat plastic inlays. I mean cmon, ESP has binding and stuff on even on their lowest end guitars. Bit aside from that, its a great players guitar. And it looks much better than the alexi
It almost looks like there is binding on the head for the rr24, or maybe thats just how its painted. Is there any special reason for binding, or is it just for looks? Are the MOTO inlays bad or something?
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
I've played the RR24. Its amazing, in every way. Also the ESP Alexi signature is shaped different than your standard RR, I think it honestly looks stupid. Send that sucker back, and get the RR24.
Well I have owned a RR24 since they became alvalible, and I've done a couple of gigs with it.

And it's an amazing guitar, I could rant on about it but most people have said the good points about it. The one thing i will add about it is that it is underpiced, I've played guitars worth much more that have had worse specs/build quality/playability

EDIT: As for a case, I got a cheap explorer case from thomann, it weghs a ton but it does the job.

But i doubt they'll deliver to the US, so I suggest the Gator Extreme, my mate has one at college and its like half the weight of mine.

But if Cash isn't a problem you could go for the Jackon moulded case, very expensive, but probly the best there is
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Feb 10, 2008,
Page 1 of 2