Since my parents are out, I figured I could crank my amp and record some crap. I just wanted to show people how this is a great amp for the price.

Alright, so the amp is a Guitar Research T64RS.

Not mine, just an image I found on google. I paid about $200 for mine, you can get one from Sam Ash, and probably online if you search hard enough.

Anyway, it's a 60 watt hybrid, with a 12AX7 in as the stock tube. Two channels, the controls for the clean are Volume, Gain, Bass, Treble. For dirty: Volume, Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble. Also has spring reverb, as well as a line in for CDs and iPods and the like, a headphone jack, and an effects loop.

Alright, so now for the sound clips. All of the clips are just guitar to amp, no effects or anything (although it does take pedals well). I mostly played metal, since that's what I mainly play these days. But I promise it can do other stuff. It actually sounds a lot better in person, but I had to record using the built in mic on my Mac.

So the first one is using my Jackson, on the bridge pickup. The song is a bit of Fade To Black.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sonicxlover/music/all/play179923 "Dirty Rhythm 1"

The second one is also on the Jackson, but with slightly different settings and on the neck pickup. It's the beginning of Tornado of Souls.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sonicxlover/music/all/play1799233 "Dirty Rhythm 2"

Third is a lead tone, different settings and on the neck pickup. It's a bit of the solo from One, and I also changed the settings to play the Ride The Lightning riff.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sonicxlover/music/all/play179923 "Lead 1"

The next three are on my flying V, tuned to Eb. It's a $160 no-name brand, which gives you a taste of how the amp improves it. The first one is the Master of Puppets intro, bridge pickup.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sonicxlover/music/all/play179923 "Dirty Rhythm 3"

This one is still on the bridge, but with different settings. It's the intro to Panama.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sonicxlover/music/all/play179923 "Dirty Rhythm 4"

Another lead tone. Different settings, neck pickup. I attempt to play parts of Play With Me by Extreme. Gimme a break, I only learned it a couple of hours ago.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sonicxlover/music/all/play179923 "Lead 2"

And because I felt it was necessary, here's a clean tone with the V. I attempt to play Lenny, which I literally learned seconds before I recorded it.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sonicxlover/music/all/play179923 "Clean 1"

So there you go. Apologies for any and all mistakes. I hope this can join the VJ, Blackheart, etc. in the class of great, affordable half stacks (especially since none of those have gain like this baby). So opinions? Question?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Feb 9, 2008,
All your links are broken. They go to the person that clicks on the buttons profile.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
what exactly does it mean by hybrid. i understand the difference between ss and tube but i dont get how they would work in a hybrid. is it like a ss preamp and a tube poweramp or something like that?
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
I think it's a tube preamp, but I'm not sure. Probably like the Peavy Bandit transtube.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by a4lrocker
what exactly does it mean by hybrid. i understand the difference between ss and tube but i dont get how they would work in a hybrid. is it like a ss preamp and a tube poweramp or something like that?

having a tube preamp and ss poweramp, or a ss preamp and tube poweramp is bs imo
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Clips sound pretty good. Very nice job. Thanks for the info.

PS. The links are broke I just went to your profile to listen to them.
Quote by metallhead
Clips sound pretty good. Very nice job. Thanks for the info.

PS. The links are broke I just went to your profile to listen to them.

My bad, just fixed that.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
i dont really like the distortion, it sounds all fuzzy and like the such and whatnot.
Not bad playing, but you can tell its solidstate.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
i dont really like the distortion, it sounds all fuzzy and like the such and whatnot.
Not bad playing, but you can tell its solidstate.

The crappy recording doesn't do it much justice, as the distortion really isn't all that fuzzy. But I suppose with a good ear you could tell the difference. Still, I feel like it's superior to most amps near it's price range.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. I'm glad people can take my playing seriously at 13.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Feb 9, 2008,
haha, I have a gig bag that says guitar research on it for my acoustic.

edit: now that I think of it, I got it at Sam Ash
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by kool98769

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by the boogieman
having a tube preamp and ss poweramp, or a ss preamp and tube poweramp is bs imo

I don't agree with with this at all. Tube Preamps may not be effective when mated with a solid state, but old MusicMan amps with Solid state Preamps and tube power amps were GREAT, considering the tonal richness comes from the power amp. Also, Peavey Transtube are NOT Hybrid, but solid state. The only Hybrids I know of are a Marshall AVT, some Guitar Research, and Vox valvetronix (which is a joke as the valve is injected with enough voltage to give it a glow and thats it).

EDIT: As for the tone, I too found it kind of fuzzy and without definition. Honestly, while not bad, its not spectacular. Maybe if you need the wattage on a budget, but otherwise, I would just as soon a used Spider III or Valvetronix.

EDIT 2: Tone kind of reminds me of a less polished Randall RG, liek what Dime used. For that its not bad really, but not my cup of tea.
Last edited by CJRocker at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by the boogieman

Yeah, it defeats the purpose of a tube amp. Because hybrids still employ either a SS preamp or power amp, which means that it will still have filters taking away from your natural tone (filters also can cover errors/mistakes, bands that use tubes are usually more talented/honest - no filters needed).

*except for the extreme high-end SS, all solid states have filters which cut off some of the low & high frequencies, giving you a slightly compressed, unnatural tone*

Quote by DiMeTiMe
Yeah, it defeats the purpose of a tube amp. Because hybrids still employ either a SS preamp or power amp, which means that it will still have filters taking away from your natural tone (filters also can cover errors/mistakes, bands that use tubes are usually more talented/honest - no filters needed).

*except for the extreme high-end SS, all solid states have filters which cut off some of the low & high frequencies, giving you a slightly compressed, unnatural tone*

says the kid who obsesses himself with solidstate randalls

I definitely dont like the noise that your amp makes (lol)
But definitely better than anything within the 200$ price range.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer