Poll: Which Really turns you off.?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Really turns you off.?
People walking in on you jamming.
14 15%
Breaking a string.
25 26%
Punks at the music shop playing crap like Green Day.
9 9%
People yelling at you to turn your amp down, when you are in the middle of something epic.
16 17%
People who think you have no skill when you are practicing scales.
16 17%
People who ask silly questions whilst playing.
16 17%
Voters: 96.
I Kinda Took This Idea From "Matt Montoya".
Basically, I was reading through his thread about what you hate most as a guitarist and seems that most people don't like people walking in on them, breaking a string, stuff like that. So I am making a poll to see which ones people actually hate the most.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
When people ask me to play in front of them.
I don't mind when it's lots of people, but when it's one or two people, I start to mess up and get nervous.

May or may not be on the poll, but that's what I hate.

i hate personal performances for one or two people. it feels so awkward and its so stripped down; just need to get more comfortable and build confidence.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Well I hate soiling myself more than anything, but from that list, I choose people who don't know what scales are.
people walking into the room is annoying.
Indie Rock in Spanish. Good idea or not? intelligent feed back would be appreciated.
Quote by that_1_dude24
I don't mind when it's lots of people, but when it's one or two people, I start to mess up and get nervous.

Seriously. I can be playing by myself, it'll be insane and everything, then when I try to show someone, it's like I crap out.
None of those really. Options 1,2, and 6 aren't really anyone's fault. Options 3,4, and 5 I have never encountered.
Quote by anodetodrivebys
i hate personal performances for one or two people. it feels so awkward and its so stripped down; just need to get more comfortable and build confidence.

my dad is always trying to make me sing, and i can.
i just don't want to in front of people yet!
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Of those there, probably people walking in on your jam sesh, but personally what really annoys me atm is drummers with no dynamics.
i.e. they think to play faster they must play louder...
And just generally people who play obnoxiously loud while you are trying to talk to your band.
Quote by ralph wiggum
i hate being told to turn my amp down, most of the time its not even that loud

+58734508793245730652096734856236734276357652347095634743503457230626010404652304751346536073045634534503460534605660517075107570501605160150615656034056162735623456235147564546563453456353475634560345613560135101070561123454343571471311457112357345173413471351 and a half
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
i hate you.

no id say people who are super impressed when somebody plays the intro to crazy train or sweet child of mine, and the players who think they are super hardcore for playing the aforementioned thingys
this is my song. i made it out of music. please help it grow big and strong by criticising it mercilessly
most of those are pretty annoying, although I couldn't give two ****s if people buy greenday, Breaking a string is most annoying as it costs me money, It's a hasstle to change a string, and if I don't have any in the house it means I need to go buy some.
for the scale thing.....its more like ill be playing a simple scale and people will be amazed like it was the best thing they'd ever heard
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
drummers.
high e strings.
anything that leaves a residue on your fingers.
drummers.
hecklers.
ignorant retards.
did i say drummers?
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Meh, yeah...the pressure get's to a point of annoyance. But, I wouldn't say I hate any of those things.

I just hate the other guitarists thinking they are cool because they can play some terrible riff from Lamb of God or As I Lay Dying. Blech.

Also, then they criticize Symphony X! Saying that LoG is much better because they are heavier.

They are extreme tools, if you see anyone like this, seriously...just hit them. I don't care what with, just beat the hell out of them with whatever you see...you see a toaster...a magazine...a time machine, I don't care.

I really do not try to convey the message of violence. This is of your own will if you do so. By reading this, you cannot blame me for whatever actions you may proceed to take.

Thank you.

I am sorry for my rant...I'm not so great today.
id say the first one. ill be sitting there playing and someone walks it scares the crap out of me. one my dad walked in and he scared me so bad i flung my guitar. i was sitting down without my strap on. never do that again.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
I voted people walking in when i'm jamming, although giving it a second more thought it's actually when i break a string. I also hate it when I am trying to tune to a tuner and my mate will carry on playing his bass, so i will have to plug my guitar into the tuner. However when he is tuning i will stop playing out of courtesy. I hope he reads this!
from that list, breaking a string for many of the same reasons Freedoms Stain said. If I break someone elses string though, I just leave it, heh. Like yesterday I was jamming on one of my school's guitars (classical=nylon strings) and I broke the low E string. Asshole-ish, but I just left it, wasn't my guitar!
Quote by that_1_dude24

i know what you mean. when i have like a handful of friends at my house, and they want me to play something. i get way more nervous in that situation than when i play in front of a larger group of people.
i hate it when people brag about their skills in playing guitar, and think that they are the best even if they're not good.

^^i hate people who think those people above are good.
Damn... That's like really tough... all those things make me want to kill kittens... I'm still thinking
EDIT:meh, I ended up with turning my amp down... it's too loud, eh? IT'S NEVER TOO LOUD!!
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by daytripper75
i know what you mean. when i have like a handful of friends at my house, and they want me to play something. i get way more nervous in that situation than when i play in front of a larger group of people.

This too. It feels more like an audition and you're in front of a panel of judges.
I hate it when i have to turn off my amp in the middle of my band's set. I also hate it when people think i am an unwrapped tool for playing Master of Puppets. I also hate it when i break a string breaks. That happened to me yesterday... In fact, all of them did!

P.S. These guys like greenday...
5 has never occured but i go with #1
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
I hate when people see me playing and they go: "Play something."
I can't just do that, I need an objective or a request or at least a style of music.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
I would have put when another band member stuffs up or something like that when you are in the middle of something epic
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Turning the amp down, or even off most of the time is very annoying.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.