UPDATE!
I uploaded a new version of the song from our live set last night at the local pub. The quality isn't great since their PA blew, and the person filming kept putting their finger over the mic, but you can still get a better sense of the song with the more complex bass line and guitar leads. I'll also put a link up to our cover of the Ramones' Bonzo Goes to Bitburg (with me playing a bass solo!). Check 'em out!

Benefits- Live at the Pub!
Here's the first time we rehearsed Benefits!
Bonzo Goes to Bitburg- Live at the Pub!

I'll C4C on anything that isn't metal. No offense to metal guys, but I don't have any right to crit that stuff since I don't play it or listen to it.

<safeinsound>
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Feb 13, 2008,
Its good, the intro sounds like a blink 182 song, i cant remember which though.

But where did you get the Rivers lighting bolt strap?
Thanks! Blink is one of our influences. I got the Rivers strap at the same place Rivers did- SamAsh in NYC. They stock one of em every few months or so, and I managed to snag one on my first and only visit there last year.

Edit: In case anyone cares, I'm actually playing bass, but both of those guitars are mine.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Feb 9, 2008,
The sound quality is bad, but it's a youtube so that's alright. it's just hard to hear some parts.

I can't quite hear the vocalist's voice to tell if he's doing a good job, you guys do seem to have the energy for pop punk though. Like seriously, you guys have such great energy, that's what pop punk needs. The drummer seems to be doing his part well, he relies on the cymbals too much though, but who am i to critique that, i'm hardly a drummer.

Not too bad.
The cymbals probably jump out at you because of the mic used in the recording. Drums really need to be properly mic'ed, or its all hihats and cymbals coming through.

I like this song. I thought it was really good. What confused me was the song was originally acoustic?? Did you speed this thing up to double time or what? I've never heard much acoustic rocking out like that!

I would also like to hear the singer more. You have any recordings of his voice that are clear? He seems right for the job, just hope his voice is up to the task.

Overall, good song, good sounding band. Can't wait to hear a proper recording.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Yeah, we sped it up a little bit. Here's his myspace page, it gives you a good idea of his voice, and you can hear the original acoustic version of benefits. He does all of his harmonies and guitar layers.

www.myspace.com/summerexperimentli
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I see. The song is only a little slower there. He sounds pretty good. I like his tone better on the heavier stuff... maybe he's better suited for the punk rock sound than the solo acoustic stuff.

Some of my favorite song writers start a lot of their songs out on an acoustic guitar or piano and then rock it out with the band later.

...Looking forward to hearing more stuff.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
regardless i was sold when i saw your avatar. I had to keep the volume low b/c my roommate is sleeping, so I had my ear on one speaker. Sound quality aside, from what I saw and heard sounded good, keep it up and let me know if you want crit on a recorded version.
There's a 95% chance what was written above here was very stupid
I was totally digging it. Hell Im twice your age and I still write that stuff!!
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!
Big Update! New recording of the song from our live show last night!

I'll put all the info in the first post...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
We have another original, and a handful of covers, but no recordings of those, not even lo-fi crap recordings like these. We have a few more shows booked in the next month or two, so hopefully we'll end up with a few more bad videos to show to people, and we're planning on doing some professional recordings before the end of the semester.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I liked your songs dude! I'd like to hear them in better quality but whatever. It sounded sorta pop punk to me and that's good.
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM