Yeah, so I decided to stop by Guitar Center to see what kind of deal I could get on a bass amp head and cabinet...and I think I did pretty well.

I got the
Gallien-Kreuger 410GLX 4x10 Bass Cabinet for $299.99
and
Gallien-Kreuger 700 RB-II Head for $399.99

WOO, So half price from list ($1400.00) and $300 off of normal Musician's Friend/Guitar Center sale prices. Yeah, and then I put my Rogue RB120 120W 15" Combo amp on top of the 410 and so I'm using a chorus pedal with stereo output to split the signal until I get an actual 2nd speaker cable. I think it was a great deal, but I'm not sure...also to what would you typically plug into on a combo amp from a amp head (just the normal input or the line in or what?)...
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
whatever one you're going out of you'll use the preamp out. and you'll plug that into the power amp in on the other amp.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
^^what he said, i thought u were dissing big amps for a sec.
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
In progress: -Soloist build
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

"when I die, there won't be a funeral, but a jam session"
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
As much as my distaste for GKs live on, even I couldn't pass up that. That's a real good deal. If nothing else, I'd probably sell it on eBay for close to double

Bales, you need to try yourself a GK once again! There's no way you could dislike them if you played mine!
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
congrats on the new amp! great price. to connect with the combo, run a cable from the pre-amp out, of the "new" amp, to the main input of the combo. good luck!
no pictures?? doh!

There are the pics then, XD, but yeah, I'm loving it, but I was kinda disappointed when I first tried it with the split signal because the 4x10 was sounding much quieter than my 1x15, and then I took of the -14dB and was scared haha! It's definately very awesome, and I'll be trying it out in a band this week, so it should work plenty great. (I just have to figure out if I can transport that entire rig in my little car XD) Yeah, and now that I think about it, it doesn't seem a very smart idea to have a 480W Head which is hooked up to a 400W 4x10 (and I'm judging based off that for volume) to then hook it up to the 120W 1x15...I can smell that smoke, haha. I'll just have to find a really good cable splitter connector thingy, =P

PS I'll resize the pics later, XD

Edit: I resized them, =P

~Sacred Slumber
Last edited by mhylands at Feb 11, 2008,
go preamp input to preamp input on the combo or line in
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Charlatan_001
Holy massive pictures, Batman!

Haha, I got them resized, so hopefully they're pleasant now,

~Sacred Slumber