Page 1 of 2
right pit, im ony asking here because this has only come on in the past few hours.

i smoke a fag or 2 socially when im out with my smoking buddies, but i dont think this would have affeted me like what i feel like now. Was at a party earlier, had 2 fags.

I started to feel a slight sore throat coming on before i left, but i assumed its just a cold as my mother has been ill all week with it, but ive been playing cod4 for a few hours now and its has gotten progressivley worse. Every single swallow is excruciating, as if im eating a ****ing mace or something, and when i bend my head the whole way back its quite sore aswell!!

Someone please tell me its a sore throat and not bad tonsils...its preventing me form going asleep.

Edit: its quite positively the worst pain i have felt in a long while

Upon squeezing the area aorund my adams apple, it causes pain and feels rather tight.....thoughts?

EDIT 2: WHen i say i smoke a fag or 2, i really mean 1 or 2 every month, lol , i really do hate smoking its purely for the aesthetic when im out with this certain group of people.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Last edited by x0rsist at Feb 9, 2008,
You Have teh AIDS lulz
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
And they say smoking is bad for you . . .

If it's so bad you can't eat, go see a doctor.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
bronchitus?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
You've got a throat infection dude, I used to get them yearly. You may lose your voice almost completely for a while. Eating and drinking is a ****ing nightmare, ad as you said, every single swallow is excruciating.

Personally I always just tough them out, lasts a week, maybe 2 if your immune system is crap, but you could go see a doctor, maybe theres some actual medicine for it.
doctor
see one
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
That's what you get for smoking two fags....

fag...

(jk I know fag = cigarette)
Quote by Ichikurosaki
fenrir you legendary legend man

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai
Maybe there's a connection between intelligence and obesity? Hmmmmm...

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
strep throat or something, happened to me a few times before. just watch what you eat

and smoking is lame
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by freedoms_stain
You've got a throat infection dude, I used to get them yearly. You may lose your voice almost completely for a while. Eating and drinking is a ****ing nightmare, ad as you said, every single swallow is excruciating.

Personally I always just tough them out, lasts a week, maybe 2 if your immune system is crap, but you could go see a doctor, maybe theres some actual medicine for it.

sounds like it. ive had similar before but only like half the pain im getting now.
argh! my throat feels like a balloon.

and to other people, i would go and see a doctor but its nearly 4 am and ineed to sleep !
Gear:
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Yeah i get that sometimes, mix some salt in water and gargle it, its what i do and it works realy well after like a day or two

how much salt/water ratio?

elaborate? what exactly doe sthis do, im desparate for a quick fix to go to bed, i cant find any other throat medicine in the medicine cupboard, and id rather not wake my parents asking for one.
Gear:
Quote by x0rsist
how much salt/water ratio?

elaborate? what exactly doe sthis do, im desparate for a quick fix to go to bed, i cant find any other throat medicine in the medicine cupboard, and id rather not wake my parents asking for one.

A lot, like dump a bunch of salt in there but make shure you don't put too much cause its gotta mix, you want the water to look kinda not see through

and it's not much of a quick fix, it takes a day or two to work, but it might relive a little bit
oh ****.. NVM i posted without reminding myself which thread this was...
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
seems like the best bet so far.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strep_throat

can anyone reccomend medication for this? or homebrew methods apart from garlging salty water?
Gear:
"Oh my God! I just cut my ****ing hand off!"

"Dude, we gotta go the hospital!"

"Hang on, imma tell UG."
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
"Oh my God! I just cut my ****ing hand off!"

"Dude, we gotta go the hospital!"

"Hang on, imma tell UG."

haha, i merely asked the pit because theres alot of doctors on here, secondly, it came about while i was browsing and playing cod4! thirdly its 4 am, and im not bothering my parents to take me to an E.R for something like this, ill go see a doc tomorrow.
Gear:
That stuff comes and goes man, you'll be fine. People get bumps and stuff and freak out thinkin its cancer, but its usually just an enflamed gland or somethin. If it doesn't go away go to a Doc. If you don't believe in Docs just do some cocaine. It will numb you up and let you forget about the pain.
no more throatjobs. kidding, go see your doctor, it might be your tonsils or something
Last edited by dio_dude at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by funkbass369
bronchitus?

i second that

it honestly happened to me once. My throat started out tolerable then within a few hours it felt swelled. I couldnt sleep with the fear of my throat swelling up and suffocating me. haha go see a dr asap
some people like sports.
i like tits.
Quote by x0rsist
haha, i merely asked the pit because theres alot of doctors on here, secondly, it came about while i was browsing and playing cod4! thirdly its 4 am, and im not bothering my parents to take me to an E.R for something like this, ill go see a doc tomorrow.

So you're not that worried about it then..... but you thought that someone here could advise and wouldn't lead you astray just for the Laugh....

Did you used to get into cars with strange men cos they said they'd show you their puppies?
[
Quote by x0rsist
seems like the best bet so far.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strep_throat

can anyone reccomend medication for this? or homebrew methods apart from garlging salty water?

strep is a bacterial infection that can only be cured by prescribed antibiotics
i think there are a few variations of strep thought, but the type of antibiotic most commonly used for strep is amoxicillan
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by x0rsist

Yeah, I'd go out to a doctor tomorrow.

Just take some pain killers and try to get some sleep.

Hope ya feel better

Actually... my throat's been hurting a bit today too... nothing like this though.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
lol you put fags in your mouth fag lol
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Cancer for sure.

(Invalid img)

Just think.. soon you get to have a hole in your throat that you have to cover up with your thumb to talk. At least you might get one of those sweet voicebox things like the dude from Southpark.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Maybe use some listerine, that'll kill the bacteria if thats whats causing your problem. Or the saltwater thing, it does about the same thing and tastes roughly as nasty. Nah, salt water probably tastes worse.
Sounds like strep, or something similar. It's no big deal and I doubt smoking was the cause
i used to get sore throats once every month or so, but then i started to gargle mouthwash twice a day...not rinse, but gargle it....and i haven't had a sore throat in atleast 4 months. try it out see if it works for you.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Bronchitis, tonsilitis or something?
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
well i just stuffed myself with ice cream in an attempt to numb the nerve endings., not really effective.

then i dolloped lods of salt into a glass, half filled it with water then gargled about 10 times, no results yet.

so i just stuffed some painkillers in me and got some ice cold water at the ready.

its actually impairing my breathing slightly.

and i can feel a fever coming on.

EDIT: ITS NOT BRONCHITIS,im NOT a smoker, the whole point of informing you of the cigarrettes is that i thought that might have had a helping hand in causing the pain. I only do it socially once or twice a month every few months actually.
Gear:
Last edited by x0rsist at Feb 9, 2008,
Quote by x0rsist
well i just stuffed myself with ice cream in an attempt to numb the nerve endings., not really effective.

then i dolloped lods of salt into a glass, half filled it with water then gargled about 10 times, no results yet.

so i just stuffed some painkillers in me and got some ice cold water at the ready.

its actually impairing my breathing slightly.

and i can feel a fever coming on.

Once again, it is probably strep. You're getting sick, we've all been there
Quote by Smitherz
Once again, it is probably strep. You're getting sick, we've all been there

looks more likely.
well i suppose its a good excuse to lie in bed all day tomorrow. though i eat a hell of a lot because i play rugby and work out alot, im gonna be in serious diffs if i cant get my grub! i tried some cereal, hoping the milk might soothe slightly, felt more like i was eating wet gravel. grrr. >
Gear:
Quote by x0rsist

EDIT 2: WHen i say i smoke a fag or 2, i really mean 1 or 2 every month, lol , i really do hate smoking its purely for the aesthetic when im out with this certain group of people.

That made me not want to help. You really are a fúcking muppet.
All I can say is that when I have a really bad sore throat I put some Sprite or something nito a blender wih ice, and then blend it 'till it's nice and smooth but still a little bit rough, and then drink it. It feels great on your throat, but yours might be a little too severe for this.

And see a doctor, please.
I'm a person.
i bet you have mono! ner ner ner ner neeer neeer!

when i had mono i thought i had smoked myself retarded. my throat hrt so bad everytime i swallowed i wanted to shoot myself in the neck. just go to the doctor.

for now, gargle some dr. tichener's. mix some water in though. that stuff will burn anything out of you. if you don't mix water with it you might just spontaneously combust. that stuff'll mess you up.
#DTWD
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
That made me not want to help. You really are a fúcking muppet.

Theyre close friends. I feel more at ease when i join in.
Enjoy your stay at douche inn.
Gear:
Page 1 of 2