Hey im trying to know the pentatonic all over the neck whats a good song with the solo in e minor pentatonic? any suggestions
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Look for anything Zakk Wylde.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
i think some of Led Zeppelin's stuff is in e minor pentatonic. i'm not quite sure which ones though.
so many blues/rock songs can be soloed to in E minor pentatonic that it's not even funny.

probably my favorite is Voodoo Chile
Quote by Jimmy94
so many blues/rock songs can be soloed to in E minor pentatonic that it's not even funny.

AGREED. And looking into any Jimi Hendrix would be a fun start. As for knowing a scale "all over the neck", if you learn the 6 most common "box patterns" of the pentatonic, 6/1, 6/2, 6/4 & 5/1, 5/2, 5/4, it will help you a lot in the long run. To break it down, in 5/4, the root of the note E in your case, would be on the 5th string, and you would start the pattern with your 4th finger. Learning the box patterns this way gives you slightly better understanding of where the actual notes are on the fretboard, which will give you the chance to really break out of the box when you're ready which = awesome soloing/improv.

If that sounds confusing and/or interesting, I'd be happy to explain more.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Cool thanks what are some easy hendrix songs hes awsome but some of his stuff sounds a bit too hard.
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks
Quote by Bobsam3
Cool thanks what are some easy hendrix songs hes awsome but some of his stuff sounds a bit too hard.

foxey lady, hey joe, red house, voodoo child

all easy, all in e pentatonic (except red house, which is easy to transpose into e pentatonic)
cool thanks man
Quote by Mackawade

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks
Anything by acdc is in that
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica

Easy, yes.
Awesome, yes.

It's the only Metallica song I can dig on.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
why not. like, record your own Em riff and loop it ? or record yourself just going through a 12 bar progression.
Quote by JPJ_12
you shook me by zeppelin i think, dont kill me if i'm wrong

You're life shall be spared because this statement is true. Also because you're a Zep fan.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.