Hey guys, I need a little help. I'm fairly new at guitar and by the end of the year I want to get new Pickups for my SG. I was wondering what you guys could recommend between Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan. Like which brand, and quite possibly which pickups? I am mostly into hard rock some of my fav guitar players tones are Prince, Ron Asheton, Slash (I know he plays SD's), Eddie Van Halen, Omar Rodriguez Lopez and SRV.
I'd say the Seymour Duncans. Dimarzio makes some great pickups, but they're more for shred/metal.

I'd recommend Alnico II's, a JB/59 combination, or two 59's.
Quote by hardrock1315
I'd say the Seymour Duncans. Dimarzio makes some great pickups, but they're more for shred/metal.

I'd recommend Alnico II's, a JB/59 combination, or two 59's.

+1 too the JB/59 and 59's. I have guitars that have those sets exactly and love it.
Cool, thanks for the tips. Real specific. How would these sound through and Orange Crush 30R amp? I'm thinking about getting one later this year too, I know there's a lot of hate towards these and that they're more expensive than other amps of their type. I'll definately look into those Seymour Duncans, I know slash uses Alnico II pickups and I think Prince does too in his Hohner although they aren't Seymour Duncans.

Thanks Again
Don't bother - you'd be better off simply spending all your money on a better amp, the Crushes aren't amazing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Don't bother - you'd be better off simply spending all your money on a better amp, the Crushes aren't amazing.

+1, crushes are Orange's MGs, well not that bad but still Crushes don't compare with other oranges.

Try looking for a better amp first.
Well the thing is I need a really good, afforadable amp to play at home with. I won't be playing a gig anytime soon lol and I can't afford a real orange cabinet and head yet. The Crush 30R seemed like a good practice amp. Any other reccomendations?