im looking for pickups for like like metal and shred. something like a Seymour Duncan or maybe even dizimarios. i mainly play like iron maiden and stuff towards that. i play on an ibanez rg. also i dont think i dont wanna go active.
P.S i know theres another thread just like this below but i like different music so i think it will be a tad different.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Well, I've got a SD full shred...It's great. Mix it with the Jazz, can get really good sweeping tones with it.

I've been reading about the Dimarzio Evolution...sounds pretty good too. I don't think you could really go wrong between a Dimarzio Breed/Evolution or a SD jazz/full shred combo. They both seem good.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
i never heard of dizimarios?

seymour duncan make a pickup called the "full shred" i think that would suit your needs
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
i put a pearly gates in my guitar it sounds great for thrash and when you wanna do oldies like zepplin.
When shit hits the fan...step to the side of the fan.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
i never heard of dizimarios?

seymour duncan make a pickup called the "full shred" i think that would suit your needs

sorry im just so out of it i meant dimarzios
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Well, I've got a SD full shred...It's great. Mix it with the Jazz, can get really good sweeping tones with it.

I've been reading about the Dimarzio Evolution...sounds pretty good too. I don't think you could really go wrong between a Dimarzio Breed/Evolution or a SD jazz/full shred combo. They both seem good.

what he said.
how are the invaders?
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

if you want to go with dimarzio, try the DP102 X2N. its the highest gain pickup they produce, and it sounds great. its designed for drop-tunings too, so if youre into metal, thats a plus. seymour duncan makes the Dimebucker pickup, and that thing BURNS. Its got alot of treble to it though (it was designed for dimebag, what'd you expect?). or if you dont want to go active, you could go for the EMG 81/85 set. the plus to the set is, though it may be a little more expensive, you get a pair of matching pickups. I personally have always found guitars with 2 different colors/types of pickups ugly, but its all about personal preference. hope I helped.
Quote by silvertoness11
how are the invaders?

Do you want synyster gates' tone?

They're horribly bassy, from what I've heard from their sound clips (SD's website has soundclips, btw)...sounds really muddy. Not too good.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
no i want a more treble tone like high gain
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Do you want synyster gates' tone?

They're horribly bassy, from what I've heard from their sound clips (SD's website has soundclips, btw)...sounds really muddy. Not too good.

he has his custom done anyway. the stock invaders are ****.
i've heard good things about the 59's though. maybe put one of them in neck or bridge and use a jazz the other spot.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
You do realize that those pickups are probably the most popular active pickups on the market.

active being the key word here. ts said he didn't want to go active.
I recommend the Dimarzio super distortion in the bridge, and a duncan hot rails in the neck. That's basically what I have in my strat, and it's incredibly versatile. I get pretty good cleans, really great 80's metal/thrash tone, and anything short of death metal with them.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
TS is very intimidated by all the people who are saying the word "jazz".
lol
Originally Posted by Death_switch
Why would anyone learn to read braille through sight? This reminds me of a vending machine I saw with braille on the buttons. I mean what's the point if you can't see what the buttons correspond with?