Hey guys,
I have been recently wanting to get into an acoustic little project with myself, and I want to know if you guys know any techniques on how to get your voice nice and pretty haha, and i have one problem, i have a medium level voice when talking and when i'm singing i can't really get higher notes without singing through my nose, is that bad? how are some ways to achieve the notes?

Thanks
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
like will practicing help me gradually get higher and higher?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I'm not a great singer, but I just practice and I have gotten better + more confident (confidence = better for me)
Or you could just sing like you have throat cancer.

Worked for Bob Dylan.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Look up Zen of Screaming 1...that DVD is great for singing, despite the title.

And just practice. Learn to stay in key with the song and stuff
With a constant practice technique, you might expect to raise your voice as much as a major third, within a month or so, but there are natural limits.

If you sing like johnny cash, you wont ever sound like Chris Carraba or something.

You may though, Figure out how to improve your middle and falsetto enough to make it sound just like you can sing that high.

Me = Choir geek.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by The Spoon

There is no spoon...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
If you want to sing high and pretty, try castration... Worked for the Vienna Boys Choir...
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Start with songs that are within your range that you can sing easily, then learn new ones and gradually get your voice higher. That's really the best advice I can give you.

Also, this is more of a psychological thing, it might help, it might not. Try to have your throat more open and don't tense up. Like, picture the sound just flowing out of you, not being squeezed out.
Quote by c0m2011
If you want to sing high and pretty, try castration... Worked for the Vienna Boys Choir...

Isn't that for before he fully develops?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Isn't that for before he fully develops?

Either way... Try it.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Speaking of range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR7TOwrb6wo&feature=related

Castration isnt the only way, there are extremely rare cases, in which men can sing in a femal soprano range. This guy is a particularly extreme example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifMi4nLfMgM

He's a Typical Tenor. Not that great of one though. He has a decent and R&Bish sounding falsetto, thats as strong as the rest of his voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6i3-tmiAy0

A good Baritone. The most common male voice by far. A If you can sing around the A or the G string of the guitar, its probobaly you. Jack Johnson's got a baritone voice.

And the Extreme opposite direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzafJqw0xHw

Octavists. Probobaly the Rarest of all. Can get lower then a bass guitar easily. Most of these people have no range above A D3. Supposedly you can train your voice to get like this, But I've yet to figure out how.

It'd be pretty badass though. No one would ever **** with you if you sounded like the damn jolly green giant. There's nothing more intimidating than being shouted at in a pitch that just flat out kills dogs.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Follow the link The Rambler posted. It takes you to the vocal thread in the Musician Talk forum. Be sure to read the first post where Justin Fraser compiled a bunch of good stuff from previous incarnations of the vocal thread. Be sure to check out the links in that first post to the articles SingingSabre wrote. Pay particular attention to posts from SingingSabre, Justin Fraser, axemanchris and me. Why me? The 10+ years of voice lessons and performing.

Hey, mods? It's time to close this thread.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Quote by The Spoon

he is right. ZoS doesn't even touch on screaming (that's what ZoS2 is for), but it's an awesome singing help vid.