OK what do I need???? I already have Rockman equpment for my distortion and fx just what else do i need for power tuning and stuff like that...and I'm open to other suggestions for distortion and stuff though I'm unlikley to change my mind. I havea budget of about 7 to 800

I also need eq
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 9, 2008,
Guys I really need help suggestions?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Get an amp first off.
That fender isnt going to get you any boston going on.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Get an amp first off.
That fender isnt going to get you any boston going on.

lol no I'm gonna be using a pa no amps
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
lol no I'm gonna be using a pa no amps

gotcha
I'd invest in a delay pedal. (only because rack delays are like 300+ bucks)
Maybe a phase shifter.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The rockman stuff I have is a chorus delay go look it up they still use em in studios they're so good analog delay ftw
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
The rockman stuff I have is a chorus delay go look it up they still use em in studios they're so good analog delay ftw

YES. Analog For The fuckin' Win .
Quote by DiMeTiMe
YES. Analog For The fuckin' Win .

lol +2537598
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks

:O
Its a chorus/delay?

My bad, i had no idea.

But yes, for the most part, tom scholz's crap is pretty nice
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
:O
Its a chorus/delay?

My bad, i had no idea.

But yes, for the most part, tom scholz's crap is pretty nice

yup. btw that was completly contradictory. you ever owned any???

But what ireally need is suggestions on EQ and Power for the rack and a good rack tuner. Also a good wireless system

yah they're half racks with trays the one side is the sustanor tahts the distortions and cleans and the others a chorus dealy
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Furman power conditioner
Rocktron hush or ISP decimator rack noise reducers
Korg tuner
Carvin EQ

There are a ton of neat accessories out there that don't really affect your actual tone (except the EQ of course).

Maybe a G-Major would be a good choice if you want some effects. IMO, I would prefer something like that over pedals because it's easier to control.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Furman power conditioner
Rocktron hush or ISP decimator rack noise reducers
Korg tuner
Carvin EQ

There are a ton of neat accessories out there that don't really affect your actual tone (except the EQ of course).

Maybe a G-Major would be a good choice if you want some effects. IMO, I would prefer something like that over pedals because it's easier to control.

cool I'll look into that stuff the Rockman stuff IS rack eqipment and it is by far my favorite sounding distortion other than like marshall plexis and JCM800s.

Cuold you show me one of these Carvin eqs? I can't find em on musicians friend or anything. also what about the DBX dual 31 band eq? i want pre and post distortion eq so yah just lettin you no
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 10, 2008,
what happend to everyone?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Do I need a power amp if so recommend me one please
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks

huh?
Didnt you say you were going to play through a PA?
Why would you need a power amp? ( I assume you're talking about a tube one, yes?)
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Bostonrocks

Well until I get the Bugera 6260 head, I'm using my power amp....
I can reccommend the one I have , it's made by "Ultra Linear" - a 400 watt 2 channel power amp.

Pics & stuff are in my profile.

But be sure to use an FX proccessor or preamp with it, straight in, the tone is very bright and harsh. (and maybe an EQ too)

Hope this sort of helps .

Quote by kool98769
huh?
Didnt you say you were going to play through a PA?
Why would you need a power amp? ( I assume you're talking about a tube one, yes?)

yes

plus i don't have all this rack stuff down yet I'm very new I've helped build them and stuff. But just don't know much about them lol..

and one more question would it be easer to buy a rack case (if so reccomend me one) or to build one. I'm pretty good with wood and stuff so ya
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 10, 2008,
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Well until I get the Bugera 6260 head, I'm using my power amp....
I can reccommend the one I have , it's made by "Ultra Linear" - a 400 watt 2 channel power amp.

Pics & stuff are in my profile.

But be sure to use an FX proccessor or preamp with it, straight in, the tone is very bright and harsh. (and maybe an EQ too)

Hope this sort of helps .

Isn't that power amp one that you would use for a car audio system? And TS, if you wanna go all out on a tube amp, the Mesa 2:100 or a VHT power amp will rape your ears. And if you want Solid State, Crowne power amps are amazing...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Isn't that power amp one that you would use for a car audio system? And TS, if you wanna go all out on a tube amp, the Mesa 2:100 or a VHT power amp will rape your ears. And if you want Solid State, Crowne power amps are amazing...

well I don't think I need one I just rememberd I have one at church for the PA there. so woot lol.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Yeah, but they usually sound like ass.

'

nah actaully My uncle bought all the equment and its a crowne power amp so its' all good.

any good ideas on EQ and rack cases?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I run a G-major in my FX loop and it is great. All the effects you need in one unit.

Thats what I would recommend.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12