Page 1 of 2
I laughed... This is the old piano I got and couldn't fix, so I destroyed it! I think the black keys are ebony, so I kept them, but that's it. Here are some pictures of it after I introduced it to a sledge hammer. Just so you know, I had to throw it away because all the idiots around insisted they'd take it for free only if I got it to them for free... um... no!

bitchin'
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
any reason you smashed a valuble piece of equipment? It probably could've been fixed by somebody. Then again, I don't know the extent to which it was broken, and if it would've been worth it.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

that was probably fun untill u had to clean it up, its still kick ass though
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
You must be hella rich or hella stupid.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by kurtlives91
And the point of all this was...............?

To brag... I'm sorry...

But on a customizations level, I kept the keys to make into bridges or other various things. I also kept some other random crap I might use in future guitar projects.

Oh, and the piano was hella free, and I'm actually hella smart
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I hate you

EDIT: Please tell me that was some no-name chinese piano?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
musta made a hella sound when you smashed it. soundclips?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
musta made a hella sound when you smashed it. soundclips?

Yeah... sound or it didn't happen!

I have a piano sitting in my house doing absolutely nothing. Out of tune, broken, we just set crap on it. But it's an upright, so we can't fit much stuff on it. It was free. I don't know why we took it, and it's broken and just taking up space...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
SMASH IT! Go get yourself a hammer and break it to bits! I'll give you one hint though, don't take all the big screws out first or it'll break too easy and be over too fast. That is, all except for the big fat frame thing on the back, that takes a couple hours to break into small enough pieces.

Oh, and I don't know much about pianos, but it was some "Steinway", or something like that.

No it wasn't. I lied.
Quote by flashbandit
That is, all except for the big fat frame thing on the back, that takes a couple hours to break into small enough pieces.

well it IS made out of IRON! I'm amazed you even managed to break an iron piano frame into small pieces at all! Chuck Norris would probably have a hard time breaking one of those with his bare hands!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Would have been better if you pushed it out of an upstairs window and it landed on some old granny walking down the road.

*No advertising in signature*
Or burn it. Yeah, burn it and watch it being consumed by fire, slowly at first and then ever fiercer and faster. And then an occasional twang will sound from a string breaking, probably causing a short burst of sparks rising with the fumes....

Or bring it to a stone quarry and push it over the edge. Much better than dropping it off a building, because then you'll get that extremely satisfying series of bangs instead of one big smash. It's difficult though to watch it going from above. You'd best have someone else doing the terminal push while you yourself watch from below.

And, oh yeah, that's a good one; tie one behind your truck and then see what's its terminal velocity.

An extremely perverted friend of mine put a such a piano outside on the lawn and then spent years watching moisture, molds and mosh decompose it and turn it into furtile soil. Not as spectacular maybe, but lasting fun.

And musical instrument lovers be assured there is really nothing lost with an old upright piano that has it's frame cracked. I did one a while ago and all that it brought me was a few pieces of well aged spruce to turn into guitar bracings and a inexhaustible stockpile of ebony thumb rests.
if any of the hammers are not broken they look like something you could sell on ebay. The felt doesn't look flat or worn which is a very good sign. You could also sell the tuning pins. They are probably worth more on their own than the piano was worth all put together.

Did you bother to try and save the soundboard?
Not taking any online orders.
What a waste..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
You should've got a load of mates, and carried it along a street, then just dropped it, let it smash, and make a huge deal out of it.
You went all Zakk Wylde "In This River" style on that ****.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
That was hella bro04llz!!!11!!!11!!11one!!11!!!!!!eleven!!!one!!1!!1twelve!!!11!

anyway...

You shoulda found a massive cliff, and a cardboard cut out of Wile E. coyote at the bottom and pushed the piano off onto it and filmed it, woulda been cool...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
set the top on fire and play some heavy ass beethoven.

but seriously you suck, It probably could've been fixed or more parts could be salvaged
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
You totally should have been more mindful of that. I would have dismantled it slowly, salvaged what I could and killed the rest...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
yes.. you probably shouldve kept the keys, like all of them, they could have been ivory.
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by ManicBluesist
yes.. you probably shouldve kept the keys, like all of them, they could have been ivory.

there is another thread where he said they defintley WERE NOT ivory, probably just wood covered in cellulose or something like ours.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
hammer smashed piano?
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
Quote by flashbandit

Oh, and I don't know much about pianos, but it was some "Steinway", or something like that.

If it really was a steinway i would've had to e-stab you.
Call me Roche.

Quote by Dyers
wut is a luthier? im assuming it has to do with the luthern church
Quote by flashbandit
Hey this is my last post, I'm leaving for my mission tomorrow. Later UG, see ya in 2 years!

best of luck man... see ya in 2 years
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by flashbandit
Hey this is my last post, I'm leaving for my mission tomorrow. Later UG, see ya in 2 years!

What a minute! You morman??? I served my mission is South Dakota, where do they have you going? and why didn't you say anything sooner?
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
What a minute! You morman??? I served my mission is South Dakota, where do they have you going? and why didn't you say anything sooner?

He's been talking about it for months now.

Anyway, good luck on your mission.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Awesome unless it was a Steinway...then
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Personally I'd have salvaged all the neccesarry parts to use/sell down the road, then set it on fire, pissed on it out of a 3rd story window, then played 'Blood On My Hands' by Demons & Wizards on my B.C. Rich Bich Perfect 10 and sent it on a travel through time with the Flux Capacitor pre-built in, warp it with an added Kaos Pad and start/stopped it with the added Killswitch.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by flashbandit
At least you're leaving with a flourish!

Safe travels, my friend.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Tool already did that for the Undertow album. That's like so last millennium! Must have been fun, though.
Page 1 of 2